GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Used IS38 Need help ASAP before I put this on my car.

I bought a used is38 for my MK7 GTI. The end goal is full E85 around 400whp reliably ( I have the low pressure / HPFP upgraded and all supporting mods ). I would go bigger turbo but this is my daily still and 400whp is more than enough for this platform IMO. The compressor wheel / exhaust side...
  2. T

When you realize you should have bought the MK7 R instead of the GTI.

Sadly the garage is full with other cars, not my house so I can't persuade them to move spots. I do usually put a cover on it if I know bad weather is coming and I have a 2009 CRV I drive in the winter so this car rarely gets to see salt thankfully. This snow snuck up on me haha.
  3. T

When you realize you should have bought the MK7 R instead of the GTI.

You have to love living in the north east haha.
  4. T

Valve Tapping? Engine Knock? IDK... Help. 2017 MK7 GTI

Amen to that, I figured since I'm pretty on top of everything it should be good. EQT is a very good company with tuning and I haven't had any problems with their tunes. Killing v8's every weekend haha. As long as the sound doesn't get worse ill leave it alone. .
  5. T

Here is a video of the car right at start up, you can hear a kind of clunk sound (at 40 seconds) and then it goes to the "tapping sound". Once the car is warmed up a little bit this sound goes away.
  6. T

Been noticing this sound for awhile now, maybe I'm being paranoid, maybe I'm not. I change my oil every 3k miles with full synthetic (I know you can let it go longer but it's cheap insurance in my eyes.) Only notice this sound when the engine is cold, I live in the North East so the winters get...