GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Inconsistent and spongy brake pedel feel.

Don't think I measured the discs, but the pads had around 7 or 8 mm of material left on them. I'm not getting any sort of weird vibrations or pulsing with the brakes, just a soft pedal. I don't think the rotors are glazed, but I can't say for certain. I've attached photos of the rear brakes...
  2. W

Just thought I would update this thread. TLDR version: Dealer agreed to look it at again, diagnosed as bad booster, but didn't fix the problem. Dealer opened a tech line case without any resolution. Replaced the master cylinder myself, with little if any improvement. Found out engaging...
  3. W

Bleed screws look just fine. There's no real corrosion or rust on any part of the brakes or suspension. It's a 2019 that's been in the South all it's life. Only had 17,000 miles when I got it in September, and had been garage kept the entire time. It's now got around 22K miles. I have...
  4. W

Picked up one of those caliper piston compression tools from the store and reset the pistons on both rear calipers. No additional air came out when I compressed them, or when I pressure bled with the tool still installed in the caliper holding the piston all the way in. Then I tried an ABS...
  5. W

Golf R Brake pedal travel after brake change

Curious about this a well since I'm going to attempt this over the weekend. I've seen a few other people mention being asked for a 3 digit code to do the procedure, but the consensus was that they were not using genuine cables. Since you say yours is genuine, I'm not sure. Are you...
  6. W

Osram headlight turn signal flickering

Same thing is happening to the Osram's on my wife's sportwagen. It's done it once or twice. I haven't actually seen it occur, but she confirmed it looks similar.
  7. W

I guess I could try compressing the pistons while opening the bleed screw. I'm not sure how far they'll go since the pads are still very close to factory thickness. After my second pressure bleed, I did do a manual bleed of all 4 corners. I really don't think that's the problem, but I'm...
  8. W

Done all that. Did several abs stops on a loose surface before each bleed. First two pressure bleeds I did in the order specified in the manual (FL, FR, LR, RR) at 30psi. The third pressure bleed I used the typical bleed order (RR, LR, RF, LF), again at 30 psi. I would even beat on the...
  9. W

They are definitely the OEM original pads, not anything aftermarket. I would assume that they are the exact same pads that were on my 2020. Braking performance on that car was great from day 1 (bought new) until the day I sold it. Even the brakes on my wifes Sportwagen are better than this...
  10. W

Looking for brake advice. Picked up a low-mileage rabbit edition back in September with a soft brake pedal. Figured it just needed a flush and bleed since previous owner didn't have that done. It didn't need it by mileage, but certainly by age. Pressure flushed and bled the system. Fluid...
  11. W

Sold

Headlights are sold
  12. W

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Curious what you think this car would go for today? I have the opportunity to pick up a practically identical car to the one in the BAT auction, but with slightly less miles. He's asking slightly over what the BAT car went for. It's the exact car I was looking for back on 2020, but it was...
  13. W

Oil Level Too High?

Absolutely, I would go back. That's easily overfilled by at least a quart. You're approaching "Do not start the engine" range as mentioned in the owners manual
  14. W

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

I'm not sure. I don't know if they wont be reimbursed for the warranty work without the scan they are requesting. I'm also not sure what happens if I take it in and they notice the ECM has been flashed. Not sure if that's something that would come up during the GFF process.
  15. W

I don't understand why now? Original thermostat housing and water pump replacement was April 7, and the second replacement was May 30. I was back for my 30k service on July 5 and they said nothing.
  16. W

My GTI had the water pump replaced earlier this year under warranty. It started leaking again after 2 weeks so it went back for a second replacement. Been leak-free ever since. Out of the blue, I received this text from my service advisor:
  17. W

Where to buy Pretoria wheels?

Shouldn't have any issues. I got mine from Murrieta as well and was able to get the rebate, only issue was it took almost 4 months for the card to show up.
  18. W

Cobb Accessport

Still available?
  19. W

SOLD

Intercooler has been sold
  20. W

SOLD

Selling my Mishimoto intercooler. Only used for 7 months, in excellent condition. A couple of bent fins on the back side (came that way) and some small wear marks in the paint. Some small scratches in the passenger side outlet from removal. Comes with all original hardware, and box. Willing...