GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Project Long Roof: APEX's Golf Sportwagen Build Thread

Looking forward to following this project as I have both a 2017 and a 2018 GSW 4Motion DSG. How many miles are on the car now? How/why did you get VW to warranty the springs and shocks?
  2. W

VA-CA-VA... Again!

I've been following your journey from the beginning. Thanks for the great write up.
  3. W

Help me decide between 2012 and 2017 Sportwagens...

I have a 2018 GSW which replaced a 1999 B5 A4. The Audi steering was a lot heavier and had a lot more feedback than the GSW. The GSW steering was way too light and has no feel. I changed the coding to "Dynamic" as noted in msg #7. It made a very slight improvement in the feel, but it's still not...
  4. W

What is your opinion about wagons?

My GSW is Pure White. When the White Silver first came out, I was living in Seattle area. In cloudy grey Seattle area, that color looked really drab. In the bright sun of Las Vegas, love that color.
  5. W

What is your opinion about wagons?

I'm a wagon guy. I drive an '18 GSW 4Motion DSG, which replaced a B5 A4 Avant 5M. This is the first automatic that I've owned and I often miss the manual. I had the A4 for 20 years, since new; K04 with GIAC, Neuspeed springs and bars, Bilsteins, Boxster frt brakes. Found out that the guy I sold...
  6. W

Spring & Shock/Damper Installation Reference Guide

Thanks to all for the tips in this thread. Just finished replacing struts and shocks on my GSW 4Motion. I didn't use the 2x4 method. I removed the axle bolt and ball joint nuts. Hardest part was lining up the strut with the knuckle when reinstalling. I've done struts on Mk I and II GTIs...
  7. W

e-acca.com shipping

I have a 2017 and a 2018 GSW. Ordered two sets of Audi A3 jack pads on July 14, received all parts via Fedex on July 29. I was pleasantly surprised to receive order relatively quick. I think shipping was about $22. Total was a little less than half what would have cost from ECS.
  8. W

How to retro-fit the jack pads from the Audi A3 (2013->)

Thanks to OP for the write up, especially for including the PNs. And thanks for the info about ordering from e-acca. I have a 2017 GSW and a 2018 GSW. Ordered two sets from e-acca on July 14 and parts arrived today. Cost was about $147 including shipping for both sets.