GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

I installed mine this evening, pretty straight forward once I mastered the technique of installing the rivnuts without the official tool. Old VAG bolt, generic M6 nut and washer, and spring washer. 💪 Now to carry on with the rear axle cover, front aero tray and subframe cover.
  2. R

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Nice find, googled the part number and came up with this similar image. Description from the same page says N0385494 Spreader Rivet 8x12.
  3. R

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

I'd second that, a small improvement but it has taken the edge off some of the noise, maybe a different pitch now.
  4. R

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I've actually already fitted it whilst I had a few cheeky minutes to hand. Wife was busy working in the house 😝 Only jacked the car up a little just enough to get underneath. I'll save the rest of the info for the harmonic dampener thread though.
  5. R

Whilst clearing some junk in the garage I had a mockup of the aero parts to encourage me to get on and do this job. There's some considerable surface area to cover up underneath these cars. Granted that the original engine half tray covers some of this area and the subframe is not completely...
  6. R

A parcel of goodies arrived today, took longer than expected due to supplier awaiting for a couple of parts arrive. I shall have some fun installing all these parts but first up will be the harmonic dampener. Tried to cancel the 1K0501713C but they wouldn't let me so I'll offer it up and see...
  7. R

Thanks for posting this up, the 1K0501713D is obsolete and has been superceded by 713C. Which I believe may have been for the Beetle. If the Mk8 version fits just as well and cheaper I may cancel my order for the 713C as its about £50 in the UK. I assume we still require the other bracket to...
  8. R

How to retro-fit the Mk8 rear suspension aero covers or stone guards to a Mk7 Golf.

Thanks, it would be great to see a comparison over the stone guards. If there is a a 10 to 20% reduction in noise then it's well worth doing. These cars are quite noisy inside at speed.
  9. R

This is the first I have seen of the stone guards / splash guards and has come at a good time as I'm about to order various underbody panels from the excellent aero thread. Very comprehensive write-up and thanks for your time and making my wallet, initially, lighter. So I understand correctly...