GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. kennedyliam38

DSG Fault Code OBD 11

I know it’s probably harmless but can anyone explain what this fault is? It’s been there for ages. I clear it and it won’t show again for a while then it’ll come back.
  2. kennedyliam38

Interior mirror removed… problem!

Hi all. I removed my interior mirror about 2 years ago. The black cover housing came off with it. I clipped the top back in but the bottom has nothing to clip in so I used superglue. Worked fine. For some reason tonight the glue has given up and now the cover will only clip in the top. This...
  3. kennedyliam38

Dynamic Mirror Indicators Installed...Puddle Light Not Working

2015 Golf MK7 2.0TDI Hi all. Today I’ve installed good quality (Ultimate Customs) dynamic wing mirror indicators. They work perfectly, look awesome and don’t have any errors showing on OBD11. Great!!! However... The wing mirror puddle lights no longer work. It’s not the end of the world, but...
  4. kennedyliam38

H7 Halogen to LED

2019 Golf MK7.5 UK Spe Hi everyone. I have been trying to help my friend swap his halogen low beam bulbs for LED retrofit bulbs. The halogen is H7U. We have bought an H7 LED bulb from the Nighteye brand but it will not fit. We’ve tried a little metal ring adapter but it won’t lock in place...
  5. kennedyliam38

Door issues

Golf 2.0TDI Mk7 2015 UK Model I am having this very annoying problem where my drivers door simply won’t open and then when it eventually does, it won’t close. It took me and my friend 20 mins to finally get it closed tonight. He stood on the outside and I locked it from the inside. Working fine...
  6. kennedyliam38

Driver door won’t open then won’t shut

Golf 2.0TDI Mk7 2015 UK Model I am having this very annoying problem where my drivers door simply won’t open and then when it eventually does, it won’t close. It took me and my friend 20 mins to finally get it closed tonight. He stood on the outside and I locked it from the inside. Working fine...
  7. kennedyliam38

Intermittent blip on Bluetooth audio

Hi all. I’m not sure how best to describe this so I’ll try my best. My car is a 2015 MK7 Diesel. It has the normal 2015 infotainment system (sorry I’m not sure what it’s called). Pretty much everything works fine but the Bluetooth audio sometimes blips very quickly. It is noticeable but it’s...
  8. kennedyliam38

2.0TDI MPG Figures Please

Evening all... This may not be the most exciting thing in the world but can everybody submit their MPG for different driving scenarios for their 2.0TDI (preferably 2012 onwards). I’ve got the 150 DSG but remapped and is now at 215. I’ve noticed a significant performance increase, of course, but...
  9. kennedyliam38

Hidden driver side charger cable

Very simple idea, wondering if anyone had any input. I want to run an iPhone cable from my centre console to the right side of my steering wheel (RHD U.K.) that is hidden (or nearly) when not in use and can simply be pulled out to connect to my phone in the mount attached to the windscreen...
  10. kennedyliam38

2.0 TDI DPF Removal

Quick theoretical question about the physical removal of the DPF. This isn’t a question about the legality, just the theory behind removing the DPF. What are the benefits? Roughly how much in the U.K.? Anything else I should know? Thanks
  11. kennedyliam38

Carbon cleaning at 50,000mi worth it?

Hi guys. I’ve got a 2015 U.K. spec 2.0TDI 150 Stage 1 (220BHP) with just under 50,000 miles. Is it worth my time and money having a 60 minute carbon cleaning service carried out? Would my MPG increase? Would the car become even more smooth to drive? Would it make more sense to wait until I’m...
  12. kennedyliam38

Slight vibration at higher speeds

2015 MK7 Golf Hatch 2.0TDI Stage 1 (220BHP) DSG 6 speed 45,000 miles Hey guys, hoping someone can point me in the right direction or put my mind at rest. For the past few weeks I’ve noticed a slight (kind of intermittent) vibration at higher speeds. When I sit at any speed under 70mph it is...
  13. kennedyliam38

Fill in number plate holes

Hi guys quick question. I have a UK/EU model and I had a full length U.K. plate. Because I have a private plate that is only 6 characters I’ve opted to have a short plate made up. If I install the shorter plate then there will be two holes where the old, longer, plate was once installed. How...
  14. kennedyliam38

Fitting a USB

Hi all. I’m loving owning a Golf. My one issue with the car is that there are no USB ports. I find this very strange and annoying considering my old Focus had 2 and 2 12V sockets. One 12V socket in the cabin and no USBs really isn’t enough. I don’t want a silly USB 12V splitter. I want to...
  15. kennedyliam38

Disable rear wiper

Hi all, this is my first time on these forums so I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this question. I plan on removing the rear wiper and motor. My only problem is figuring out how to disable the rear wiper function. I have an OBDeleven Pro device on its way. I do not have VCDS or...