GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. jtsherri

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

That was it! This project, as well as a few others, are finally done! This upgrade was definitely a no-brainer for the $$ - thanks to all who figured out the path to make it happen and anyone who answered questions I had along the way.
  2. jtsherri

Pretty sure 25004 is an option. I'll give it another go shortly. Thanks!
  3. jtsherri

I tried them all and none of them seemed to work. You were able to make the change on your end?
  4. jtsherri

Can anyone confirm they were able to get the following to work with OBDEleven? I was able to tweak the other two settings, but this one doesn’t seem to give me the necessary access: “03 abs module Brake booster security code 25001. Factory setting 4, most use 2, I like 3. Edit, finally set this...
  5. jtsherri

Pretty psyched to report that both my summer and winter wheels will fit with room to spare (no spacers required). They are as follows - Wheel Brand: eBay Model: RS6 S line ('style' / knock-offs) Spacer: 0 Size: 17"x7.5" ET: 35 Fit: Yes Notes: Post 797 (Note: this image was taken to show the...
  6. jtsherri

Exactly my thoughts. Between upping the ante to 70 ft-lbs and adding some Loctite, it won't be an issue. If I thought it would be, I'd go get some new bolts.
  7. jtsherri

Never did find out the ‘official’ torque spec for the four assembly bolts that hold the two halves of the caliper together, but have read a bunch on this on different boards. The general consensus is that 70 ft-lbs is accurate (confirmed both by reversing a bolt out with a torque wrench while...
  8. jtsherri

Thanks! They're not Macan lines. I was originally going to paint the calipers black to keep a more "OEM" look, so I went with Techna-Fit lines with SS fittings and black sheathing.
  9. jtsherri

🤣 Was waiting for this response. Given that they gave my 1/2” 18V impact a slight workout, this probably isn’t wrong. Just would prefer to do it right, if possible. Thanks! 👍🏻
  10. jtsherri

My guy wasn't interested in disassembly, but it's just as easy as you described. Gotta be careful with the finish of the coating of the cylinders and obviously the rubber bits, but I'd never done it before and made short work of it. Also gave me the opportunity to use a higher quality grease...
  11. jtsherri

Got these beauties back from the powder coater today and couldn’t be happier with the results. Anyone have any idea what the torque-spec is to reassemble them??
  12. jtsherri

You’re awesome, my friend. Thank you! (and @burgerkong) I spoke to the powder coat guy pretty in-depth yesterday and he seems to know his stuff, but will mention this, for sure. 👍🏻
  13. jtsherri

Favor to ask of anyone who is currently pending installation of *or* has disassembled/rebuilt their calipers: It looks like there are two different styles of pistons in these (see below). The first set is darker in color (dark grey/black finish) and the bottom is mostly smooth. The second set...
  14. jtsherri

Curious to know what alternatives (if any) exist for dust shields. I'm not opposed to flattening the OEM parts currently on my R, but would almost prefer to buy replacements and include my OEM parts with the sale of the stock setup. Thanks!
  15. jtsherri

I was hoping to keep them functional, plus I also intend to sell the stock pads with the calipers, lines, and rotors since they only have ~7k miles on them. This is the route I was planning to take if there’s no other option, though. Just hoping there’s another option. I appreciate the...
  16. jtsherri

Golf R owners: I ordered Z26 pads before considering the wear sensors. Am I able to make these pads work or should I return them for something that works out of the box? Any feedback is appreciated! 👍🏻