GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ungwei

Whooshing noise at high rpms

Lol thanks guys, I think I am overthinking things a bit.
  2. Ungwei

I get harmonic sound as well when idling at cold, anyone else hear anything like this? I just never noticed it before.
  3. Ungwei

This was my first guess, I suppose I'll just have to live with it!
  4. Ungwei

Is the diverter valve in use even after the gas has been lifted off and you're coasting at high rpms? I hear the same normal blow off noise that I typically do and it is the same pitch, but this whoosh occurs on throttle, off throttle, at any speed so long as the rpm is high enough.
  5. Ungwei

Here is a video where you can hear it bouncing back off the fence as I pass by
  6. Ungwei

I have a mk7.5 GTI DSG with a downpipe and tune with about 22000 miles on it. Recently I noticed a high pitched whooshing/whistling at high RPMs. Anyone have a clue as to what it could be? I feel like I've never noticed it before. The car got the downpipe about 5000 miles ago. I also...
  7. Ungwei

Downpipe install cost?

I was quoted 375 dollars in CT so I ended up doing it myself on ramps, though as a novice it wasn't super easy and I had my dad helping.
  8. Ungwei

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

Any feedback on the cts downpipe? Seems like this one is still in production and available. Seems like a good alternative to an APR dp.
  9. Ungwei

Does this mean anyone with a downpipe and stage 2 tune is gonna be gone after? I am on the cusp of pulling the trigger on a downpipe but now I'm scared lol.
  10. Ungwei

By catted do you mean with the high flow cat option? Seems like a good option. I have ramps, how easy would it be to install myself?
  11. Ungwei

As a stage 1 apr mk7.5 owner, what is the best way to get more power at this point? Or is it a pipe dream now, no pun intended. Should I be trying to get to APR stage 2 at this point or just give up on power mods and eventually is38 upgrade? Can is38 be done without an aftermarket downpipe...
  12. Ungwei

Where to go from apr stage 1

Good to know, thank you! Is an intercooler something a novice can install themselves or is better to get a shop to do it? I want to do work on my car but of course I don’t want to get in over my head.
  13. Ungwei

yup, intercooler seems like the most useful engine bay mod, so I’ll likely get one of those at the beginning of the summer, not sure who makes the best one though.
  14. Ungwei

Yes that’s exactly the one I wanted to get! Seems like a quality upgrade based one what I’ve read, and a reasonable DIY install.
  15. Ungwei

I figured that as well after reading further, I decided to buy both upper and lower, super excited to install them! If it goes well I may do rear sway bar after that.
  16. Ungwei

I've done some research and there's all kinds of conflicting information on whether to get a dogbone mount insert, WHICH ones are the best, whether to get just the lower or the upper as well, or whether or not to replace engine and transmission mounts, it all becomes a bit overwhelming. I'm not...
  17. Ungwei

just picked up some ramps to start with, I will also be getting a jack and jack stands. I've decided to go with the 038motorsport dogbone mount insert for my first mod, where would be the fastest shipping place to buy it?
  18. Ungwei

For the dogbone insert, should I just buy the lower insert or buy the upper as well? I think I'll start by getting the jack and stands, along with the 034 dogbone insert and do that first before anything else since I'm suck at home anyway.