GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. br5

Bicycle Mounting Options

I have two Thule Proride 598’s so I can comment on these. Mounting or dismounting a bike takes about 30 seconds and I can do it single-handedly. Never had any concerns in driving long distances, though the wind noise is definitely there above about 30mph. One of the things I like most is you...
  2. br5

Auto High Beams

If you have the feature there is OBD11 coding available for it to ‘remember’ High Beam Assist. Otherwise it’s off each time you start up
  3. br5

Coolant loss - thermostat housing/waterpump?

I did have the AC on yesterday as it was hot, but the level was at the max line probably a couple of weeks ago. I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it
  4. br5

Coolant loss - thermostat housing/waterpump?

Hello - I have a 2019 GTI with 24k miles from Australia. Earlier this year I noticed the coolant level creeping below the max line for the first time very marginally. Today the coolant level was halfway between min and max line, this is after a 60 mile drive yesterday. There is a small puddle...
  5. br5

Intersection lights with route data (OBD11)

I recently did the below OBD11 coding to enable "crossing light with route data". This uses the GPS Nav to turn on both static cornering LED lights when nearing an intersection, no cornering required. You don't need to be actively using the inbuilt NAV either. Still testing it out to better...
  6. br5

Club sport S Steering Wheel with ACC

Looks like it has a pic of the speedo on the button. I think it’s to change the cruise control from ACC mode to speed limiter mode. On my car (AUS) that button is for turning assist systems on/off including the cruise control mode
  7. br5

Buzzing from A pillar or B Pillar at specific lower rev range - Source location and solution (Pics)

I’ve noticed a rattle recently, on the driver door (right hand drive), however it is only off throttle, between 2000-2400 rpm. Is this unlikely to be the same rattle? Before reading this thread I thought it was from the door pocket area.
  8. br5

Price drop??

How much is it listed for, and what’s your budget for an R?
  9. br5

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

If I have the 8” Discover screen (with head unit in glovebox), will any other parts need to be swapped to use this 9.2” Discover Pro screen...
  10. br5

Sea Suckers

Went for my first ride with my Mini Bomber rack today. Overall very satisfied with it. With some practice it should only take 5 mins to mount the Seasucker and 2 bikes. Wind noise at 100 kph not as bad as I expected.
  11. br5

Sea Suckers

Thanks for this. Good to hear the positive feedback. I’ll play around with it again in a few days. I think placing it after the sunroof wouldn’t work for me as the rear wheel gets in the way of the hatch opening which might get annoying. Does the scirocco have a largeish panoramic sunroof? This...
  12. br5

Sea Suckers

Just received my 2 bike SeaSucker rack (Mini Bomber). Does anyone have experience with a good location for placement of the rear tyre suction cup? I placed the front part of the rack towards the front of the sunroof, but this leaves the rear tyre in part of the roof that has a lot of flex. Not...
  13. br5

Looking to upgrade my muffler

If you have a 7.5 a common recommendation is the TCR muffler. Same as the mk7 Clubsport one but fits the 7.5 diffuser. There should be a thread on it
  14. br5

Tutorial: How-To Fit Helix Soundbox + Spare in GTI

My floor sits maybe half an inch higher than the upper floor position (with Helix feet removed). Sounds like the GSW must have a deeper trunk
  15. br5

Auto Headlights Question

I’m pretty sure on mine the green light only comes on when the low beam lights are activated.
  16. br5

Digital instrument cluster reverse swap to analog?

I would spend at least a week with the digital dash before deciding to switch to analog. I couldn’t imagine going back on my ‘19 GTI. While it doesn’t have all the features of Audi it is very crisp and still has plenty of flexibility, particularly if you do a lot of highway driving using...
  17. br5

Trunk flickering on and off continuously

Hi all Today I noticed an issue where the car keeps randomly thinking the boot is open as indicated in the driver information cluster. Also this causes the middle part of the rear lights to continuously flicker so it needs to be fixed ASAP. I did install the Helix subwoofer over a week ago but...
  18. br5

Dynamic Road Sign Display activated

It’s the Audi style digital dash, a 12 inch screen instead of traditional dials. It became available as an option on the 7.5 GTI and R (and other VWs) in some markets
  19. br5

Dynamic Road Sign Display activated

I tried to activate this feature about a month ago on my Australian model but had some trouble getting it work. I’ll check if I used the same coding as in this thread. I have the Active Info Display dash which would only have a very small picture of the speed limit sign without the loss of any...