GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. scrllock

Change rear brake discs without removing the caliper holder

yes, they move back towards the rotor. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_VII_(5G/AU)_ABS_Brakes#Close_Rear_Parking_Brake
  2. scrllock

i'd do it before, at that point you've pushed the pistons back which is when they should be bled anyway.
  3. scrllock

you have to start the brake pad lining change mode before attempting to change pads. if you're just bleeding that's independent of pad changes (but if you're doing both, do it after the pads).
  4. scrllock

Wastegate for an IS20

there are two actuators, the "big" mahle actuator on the pre-fl Golf R and the "little" hanon-cooper actuator on the IS20 and the facelift R. if you're buying the part on its own, it's usually a Mahle-style actuator from upper-trim Audis with an extension, or an alibaba clone. I suspect most of...
  5. scrllock

APR Roll-Control Coilover Systems!

they were sourcing them from eibach. sadly it looks like they've gone all in on reselling cheap chinese parts. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806249064392.html?
  6. scrllock

R sensitive to oil levels?

aftermarket downpipes will almost always trigger a P0420 eventually. I have a pricey GESI EPA cat and still get a code every month or two. stage 2 tune should disable the CEL unless you're stuck with cobb.
  7. scrllock

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

careful, we'll get a flow-formed EC-7 instead
  8. scrllock

Today's Best Mounts

which motor/trans mounts are you using? The unitronic dogbone mount definitely stops most front/back movement assuming your motor/trans mounts aren't shot.
  9. scrllock

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

All I see is that heavy AF E88 knockoff. I thought you were teasing one with less spokes?
  10. scrllock

best option for more camber

Eurosport is the least NVH because it retains the stock rubber mount. Superpro is poly and will be harsher especially in cold weather. 034 is questionable quality and NVH is likely whenever the rubber comes apart. If you're sticking to SCCA, you can run offset bushings along with plates...
  11. scrllock

Aftermarket heads?

in what sense? fastest 1/4 mile? most popular? cheapest? Galano has the records now. UM has an ancient flex fuel patch. Cobb is very meh unless you don't plan on using MPI. Switch patch ("open source") is the nicest implementation but it's mostly DIY. no idea what he means. flex is very useful...
  12. scrllock

HPFP issues?

no, it's just the most popular because it's the cheapest.
  13. scrllock

TTE 535 Turbo good for daily driver ?

this is backwards, and track use means 2 very different things here. drag racing is very hard on the drivetrain when launching, but you're WOT for just 10-12 seconds, then basically idling. road course you're WOT off and on for 20 minutes at a time, with tons of heat being put throughout the...
  14. scrllock

HPFP issues?

fwiw at least the failures are very front-loaded. if it makes it past like 5k miles, you're probably golden. the advantage to the HPA is that when it fucks up, you're warrantied AND still have your stock hpfp to swap to. if I had to avoid MPI for some reason, I'd rank them like this, price...
  15. scrllock

TTE 535 Turbo good for daily driver ?

for street driving I'm sure it's fine, spool is a little slow compared to more popular options like the eqt vortex. I assume the turbo is already installed? weird choice otherwise. if it were me I'd detune it for road course, 400+ hp is brutal on a stock 2.0, much less 500+. not knowing the...