GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

1.4 TSI GT DSG buying tips please

Its a cukb I believe. I know direct injection wont wash over the inlets, but should help inside of the cylinder and the exhaust valves from what I can tell. It has half of tank v power in it this now. Will be going back to fuel save once done. That will be roughly around 80 L it is had.
  2. W

Thanks Dave. Yeah going on the figures Carlos posted appears that 95 mapping is the standard. Not sure if the car will produce any more bhp with higher octane as the map is still based on 95. I have ran 60 litres of vpower in it so far (the car most likley never had 95+ in it until now) at...
  3. W

Thanks for this - really informative. It seems VW now are mapping the cars on standard octane and getting the quoted figures!
  4. W

Sorry dont think its as simple as that mate that ecu adjusts itself. If your car is factory mapped to higher octane then u will get the quoted stock power, you wont from 95. Im sure your gti will be stamped on the fuel lid. My mk5 gti is hence when it has 98/95. 98 gives oem 197, 95 gives...
  5. W

Thanks. I know that. In particular It would be interesting to know if daves 1.4tsi is numbered as mines isnt. Cant talk for the mk6/7 gti, however mk4/5 are 98/95 on the inside. The map from the factory is built on 98 from what I know as highest octane in germany where 99 in the uk to get full...
  6. W

Hi Dave, Does you 1.4TSI have octane number acceptance on the inside of the fuel lid by any chance? Thanks
  7. W

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Hi folks, new member here with a 2015 GTE. From Scotland in the UK. Having been browsing the forum for a few weeks now and have seen some mods I am going to be doing over the next few months :). Thanks for having me.