GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. rip steakface

LED low beams different colors

2019 GTI SE with the full LED headlights. Noticed that one of my low beams is very slightly different color than the other. the driver side has a slight greenish tint to it compared to the passenger side crisp white. Only noticeable when facing a wall or my garage door or something directly in...
  2. rip steakface

what if...

...our cars did not have different drive modes? like back in the old days when you got a car based on how it felt (comfy, or "sporty", etc.) and lived with it... just curious which of the available driving modes/characteristics you think our cars (GTI in particular) would have come from the...
  3. rip steakface

DSG farts...

I admit it. I can't get enough of those DSG farts I keep hearing in videos of stock GTIs. Problem is, I can't seem to get MY GTI to do it! What's the secret??? Do I have to be in a specific drive mode? Auto or manual shift? Do you have to take it to red line? Maybe I'm just shifting too soon...
  4. rip steakface

for those with DSG...

...will my car fart/burp in manual mode, or do i need to be in auto? :confused: i shift with the paddles probably 80% of the time, and 100% of the time when i'm really pushing the car, which is when i expect to hear the burps. so far i haven't really heard anything...:(
  5. rip steakface

thule fairing on factory rack

does anyone know if the thule fairing (that fits thule's square and rapid aero bars) will work with the vw factory roof rack/bars without modification? i can't tell from pics if the rapid aero bars are the same as what the oem rack uses, and i haven't found a definitive answer...
  6. rip steakface

DSG individual setting

first post! got my GTI S last weekend and i'm having a blast getting to know this car. this might be a dumb question... when using the INDIVIDUAL setting, is it active in both D and S when in manual mode, or should i be using one over the other? i really like the heavier steering of SPORT, but...