GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 2019 Golf R

front sway bars

Twist my chassis. I'll try full stiff first.
  2. 2019 Golf R

front sway bars

Ordered a SuperPro FSB 26mm with endlinks to match up with my SuperPro RSB 24mm with endlinks after reading this thread. Currently, I have the RSB set to full stiff and when pushed it's hardest, can get the rear to step out briefly on track. Looking forward to what the FSB changes will bring -...
  3. 2019 Golf R

GTI wheels for R

Yes, GTI wheels will fit on the R with standard brakes. Source: my winter setup is the 18" GTI Pretoria wheel from VW.
  4. 2019 Golf R

2024 R

Glad yours is working 2023's are having issues without a fix https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/infotainment-errors-and-issues-2023-gti.9522006/
  5. 2019 Golf R

2024 R

Aesthetics aside - should be a huge leap in software functionality (things will work again). There will also be a selector knob which this photo doesn't show.
  6. 2019 Golf R

Mk8 torque vectoring Haldex retrofit

Finally! Thank you for taking the first steps on this project. If we could get retrofits of that rear dif into the mk7 gen easily understood/capable to be done by VAG shops, it would be a total game changer.
  7. 2019 Golf R

2024 R

The interior refresh with all of the corrections comes in MY2025 for the US.
  8. 2019 Golf R

Review: APR SCU (DSC Controller)

Short Update: Swapped back in the OEM controller and all the fault codes went away. APR sent me a full refund after I mailed the DSC controller back to them. Chapter closed. Maybe someday someone will get this right - tons of unrealized potential with this concept.
  9. 2019 Golf R

DSC Sport/APR Suspension Controller Tuning

Bump up - my APR/DSC unit just failed after 3 months. APR is providing a full refund as I don't want to go through with the hassle of replacing this unit every few months if it's going to stop working. I do wish this product was more polished - it has incredible potential - the APR base map...
  10. 2019 Golf R

Yeah, I can see that too - have lots of soft error codes right now - will compare once the stock module is put back in. Also waiting to hear back from APR on what to do with the controller next.
  11. 2019 Golf R

Short update to my review - temps dropped a little lower here in NC and my OEM battery replacement hit the two year mark. I think those contributed to the DSC module no longer working. I'm in touch with APR, providing them these dash codes as well as all of my OBD11 log files. I suspect it's...
  12. 2019 Golf R

New MK7/MQB resource: www.datadrivenmqb.com

Awesome! Thanks for the invite! Let me look into it - getting track time/car time is harder these days.
  13. 2019 Golf R

That is very reassuring to hear as someone who has toasted the Clubsport S brake upgrades on his R. I have the RS3 ducts waiting to go next and can remove the dust shield next too. Have thought I would need a BBK to progress with the car, so this is very encouraging, Thank You both!
  14. 2019 Golf R

Thank you, love that you're taking the initiative to get this done for the entire MQB community. One question I have around the Performance Pack brakes is do you believe your results would change with the added weight of the 4motion system and other knick knacks found in the R?
  15. 2019 Golf R

Gimmicky waste of time/money/effort mods

Fair enough. Anecdotally, my wife noticed the difference without my telling her.
  16. 2019 Golf R

Gimmicky waste of time/money/effort mods

Front strut bar is a low cost and easy change to try out. My experience with it echoes others in this thread. It's noticeable in the steering input and over driveways. Considering the cost and ease of install, worth trying/testing. The internet advice of 'being mounted so close to the firewall...
  17. 2019 Golf R

Upgrade RSB only or do both RSB+FSB?

Forgive me if you posted this before - but are you on stock dampers and springs?
  18. 2019 Golf R

Golf R mk7.5 Stop Start Every Time?

I've been using the B2BFab harness to disable the start/stop. It works great 98% of the time - then for some strange reason, it will randomly stop working. Key cycle and it'll work again. There must be something in the ECU trying to keep start/stop alive somewhere. Anyways - for that 98% of...
  19. 2019 Golf R

EQT Stage 1 93 Octane

Hahaha - similar experience with stage 1 93 oct on my car from EQT. First drive wasn't that impressed...even had it breakup at high rpm 4th gear. Has been super smooth ever since. DSG tune is a must as well - it's *perfect*. Agreed on stage 2 - that plus the CEL has me thinking of just...
  20. 2019 Golf R

Console Lid on M7R

It was rollover regs from NHTSA. source - former VWoA.