GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. xXDavidCXx

Rear Tires Rubbing - Corrective Options

Only the inner lip can be clearanced, not the outer lip, to remain STH legal, if that matters to the OP.
  2. xXDavidCXx

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Post your alignment sheet for us to see please
  3. xXDavidCXx

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

Set it to -2, it seems like you know what you can do as you tried both extremes.
  4. xXDavidCXx

Sorry, I incorrectly correlated the photo of the inside rubbing to you
  5. xXDavidCXx

Sliding the tank over plus I used a plastic plumber strap to hold the filler neck to the body.
  6. xXDavidCXx

How will camber arms help? Are you running the minimum camber already? More negative camber will not help this problem.
  7. xXDavidCXx

Correct, this is a GTI only issue. I solved it by cutting back the liner and moving the tank to clearance the filler neck.
  8. xXDavidCXx

And if you can't get what you need from the alignment, raise the car up.
  9. xXDavidCXx

Daily Driven STU Setup

What's your current rear camber?
  10. xXDavidCXx

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

I found time to attend the first Solo National Tour in Arizona in many years. So, with help from my autocrossing buddies, I put the race parts back on the GTI and gave it a go! After day 1 I was ahead by 1.347 sec and by the end of day 2 I would leave a 2.741 sec gap over second place Sid...
  11. xXDavidCXx

Suspension refresh and camber changes

Okay, then get the special actives and either the euro puck thing or 034 plate. I ran special actives with the 034 camber plate, no additional issues with NVH. The biggest NVH was the lower offset ball joint.
  12. xXDavidCXx

Suspension refresh and camber changes

I would not bother with Koni Single Adjustable. The adjuster will hit the upper shock mount unless you don't use a top camber adder, which is a shame. Rears can't be adjusted easily and likely will cause you to install them and never adjust them, so what's the point.
  13. xXDavidCXx

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

Bringing the car and driver out of semi-retirement for the Phoenix Solo Tour at the end of the month. With my new job's schedule, off Wed and Thurs, I have not been to an autocross since last year's Crow's Landing Tour. I updated the front page with my new specs, which is just going back to...
  14. xXDavidCXx

2022+ 8Y RS3 brake ducts

Yeah, I was test fitting my 2017 MK7 and was having issues so I will need to chop that corner off for the inner zip tie.
  15. xXDavidCXx

2022+ 8Y RS3 brake ducts

Do these require the same modification as the older model?
  16. xXDavidCXx

DerHase's 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition: HPDE shenanigans

Overall observations from my many rear spring changes (OEM through 1000 in/lbs) Rear spring changes made very little difference on rear rotation. The only thing that for sure affected rear rotation was rear toe-out.
  17. xXDavidCXx

That's what I have on the GTI right now, Koni FSD all around, OEM front springs, and I think 375...

That's what I have on the GTI right now, Koni FSD all around, OEM front springs, and I think 375 rear springs. Ride quality is fantastic!