GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. carbon_gecko

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Started the process of preparing my second turbo. Core swapped. Damage to a fin and scratches.
  2. carbon_gecko

Just check wastegate voltage...4.3v damn no wonder it was throwing codes

Just check wastegate voltage...4.3v damn no wonder it was throwing codes
  3. carbon_gecko

Piano black interior trim part number list

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII--2.0T_Gen3/Interior/Shifter/Shift_Trim/
  4. carbon_gecko

Replaced my key FOB battery a started throwing a p029900 underboost code...time for wastegate maintenance.
  5. carbon_gecko

I absolutely hate the hard line on my 1.8t, it is always in the way!
  6. carbon_gecko

Replaced my waterpump, it was leaking from a small Crack near one of the necks.
  7. carbon_gecko

DIY: MIB1 > MIB2 NEW SIMPLIFIED Method

After the activator finished I turned the ignition off then turned the car on completely to get the battery charging and CP was still active. Additionally I used the newest version of C&D. Additionally I was unable to get Putty to show info, my com is 5 and I was using 115200bps, do they run off...
  8. carbon_gecko

DIY: MIB1 > MIB2 NEW SIMPLIFIED Method

hey maybe you guys can help me, i just bricked my new 3q0035876a, i installed it into the car, component protective was active, pulled the software info: MST2_US_VW_P0628D. using an SD card ran activator by Congo and duke, updated and worked fine, still component protected. Then placed the two...
  9. carbon_gecko

How do you guys feel about MK7 stage 2 Unitronic?

I have a 2016 vw mk7 golf 1.8t with the is20 unitronic stage 2 and all supporting mods, I have had absolutely no issues with the engine, the basic tiptronic transmission is the issue. In drive it rarely shifts above 2k which is a limit for sure. In sport it responds perfectly and using the...
  10. carbon_gecko

Retrifit fog lights - connecting the light switch

Yes, pin 5 five to a/29, additionally, I forgot to mention I had to upgrade my BCM to one the had foglight pins 087T>>087AA
  11. carbon_gecko

Retrifit fog lights - connecting the light switch

So when I added front fog lights to my mk7 base golf s I had to run the wires from the fog lights to the BCM and a wire from the BCM to the new radial knob, then in VCDS did long coding for front fog lights, then adaptions for when to activate. If all your rotary pins are used, run the front...
  12. carbon_gecko

Retrofit Audi A3 8V Genuine OEM Cup Holder LED Kit in Mk7.5 GTI

Not the audi ones but I have done a mod to install cup holder lighting, additionally Mr.fix has videos on YouTube with step by step instructions and coding so if you wanted to cut into the factory cupholders to make the audi ones fit, you can.
  13. carbon_gecko

DIY 2016 gti alternator replacement

Considering that vw diagnostics were wrong I couldn't tell you anything other than generic alternator failing queues, I found out my issue was something completely different: ground loop from an amp.
  14. carbon_gecko

Aftermarket Amp - Ground Loop diagnosis?

I have the same issue: amp ground loop, the three things people are telling me are: 1. Check your amp ground, it should be same size as your power, ensure it completely grounds to the chassis. 2. Check your vehicles battery ground, if it's failing, the amp ground might be creating a back draw...
  15. carbon_gecko

The whole process took about 30 minutes with the most time spent sliding the old alternator out carefully, and triple ensuring the belt was realigned properly
  16. carbon_gecko

Didn't, it flexes enough to slide the alternator between it and the intake manifold. I did release the plastic clip near the headlight on the frame though.
  17. carbon_gecko

Yeah, I really wish I had an invoice, but I saw red when he said it. It is VW of Corpus Christi, and they regularly price gouge since the only other dealership nearby is Brownville.
  18. carbon_gecko

Yes the alternator was 1200$
  19. carbon_gecko

Swapped the alternator, saved myself 2800$ doing it myself. Took 30 minutes and nothing special. Vw lied to me saying the noise I hear is a failing alternator, oh well it lasted 136000 miles.