GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Father Seth

FS: 2015 Golf, IS20, 60k miles, SoCal

Hello, Selling my turbo swapped 1.8t Golf. Pretty fun car, well taken car of. Selling because I'd like to move to an AWD platform instead. Info: IS20 Upgrade (Revision 06K145722L) APR IS20 w/DP tune CTS 3.5in Catless downpipe Injen Open Short Ram Intake BC Racing Coils w/ Swift springs; Custom...
  2. Father Seth

IS20 Jammed Wastegate?

Hello, A few days ago I got an EPC light and lost what felt like all use of the turbo. I pulled over, shut down the car and turned back on which cleared the light. I assumed it was a misfire or bad batch of gas. Now today I scanned it with OBDEleven and got some of the actuator info. It looks...
  3. Father Seth

FS: ShopDAP 11mm Spacers w/Lug Bolts

I have ShopDAP 11mm spacers with lug bolts for sale. I used them for about 150 miles but they caused my tire to rub on ones side due to bad alignment. These ones: https://www.shopdap.com/11mm-spacer-set-w-ball-seat-bolts-5-x-112-black.html Asking $40 or $20 and a meal from In n Out or Canes for...
  4. Father Seth

Golf 1.8t Spring Rate Question

Hey guys, I dont know much about the technical aspects of suspension, and have been reading up on some things here and there to prep for getting a new set. My current set is the Solowerks S1 and after 10k miles theyre just too bouncy for me. I going for BC BR Extreme Low, and decided on...
  5. Father Seth

Exhaust Shops Around OC?

I just picked up the center exit diffuser from VW, but now I need to have my exhaust made. Anyone have any good recommendations for shops in the OC area? I've gotten 2 suggestions through facebook, but they're a long drive away and I'd like to get some more before I pull the trigger.
  6. Father Seth

WTB: Suitcase Muffler

Strange ask, but I am unfortunately straight piped at the moment. I had my muffler deleted when I got the car because I wanted some noise, but i fell down the modding rabbit hole and now I have a DP. Never even though to keep the suitcase. I want my car to be sane again so if anyone in the SoCal...
  7. Father Seth

1.8t Golf vs 350z HR

I just upgraded my Slush Box 1.8t to APRs IS20 w/DP tune. A buddy of mine sold his MazdaSpeed3 (Who pulled on me by about a car length when I was stage 1) for an HR 350z. \ MODS (Not including Wheels/Suspension): 350z: Test pipes. pretty much stock engine. Golf: IS20, CTS Catless DP, Injen open...
  8. Father Seth

SoCal Meets/Cruises

Hey guys, There aren't too many active threads with meets in SoCal so who knows, if this could pick up or have a few regulars that would be cool. I'm pretty hooked on meets and cruises, and there are surely a few of you guys who would like to meet other enthusiasts and go on cruises. Most...
  9. Father Seth

WTB: IS38 or IS20 **Found IS20**

***Purchased an IS20 from projectTVMK7*** I'm looking to upgrade the turbo in my 1.8t now. If anyone has a low mileage spare laying that they'd like to sell, I would be very interested. I would prefer a local sale (Socal) but would pay shipping depending on the turbo and price. Preferably IS38...
  10. Father Seth

Azusa Cruise, 11/17.

There's an Azusa cruise on sunday the 17th. Hosted by Audi LA and other SoCal Audi groups. I was just wondering if any of you were going or if you were interested. VWs normally show up, especially golfs to this groups meets. If anyone is interested, I'll drop the details for you guys.
  11. Father Seth

Dealership Rant

I bought my car used in May 2019, and since then I have had nothing but problems with the dealership trying to screw me in different ways. The Body: First, when I bought the car there was some paint damage (chips, small scratches, and the infamous sun roof trim peeling) which I was told would...
  12. Father Seth

Grinding Noise and Trans Issue

Hey guys, I have a 2015 Golf TSI with the 6 speed auto. I have some concerns and wanted to see if anyone here had any knowledge or experience with them. The first one is regarding second gear. When I'm driving in manual, if I have it in second gear but the RPMS are low the car starts to lug...
  13. Father Seth

"Oil Sensor: Please Service"

Hey guys, first post here and I need some help. First time VW owner coming from a 2006 v6 accord. I have a 2015 1.8t, and I love it. I got it about a month and a half ago with 39k miles and have put about 1000 miles on it. However, for the last week while driving anywhere from 45mph+ I randomly...