GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. yakev724

Aftermarket Amp - Ground Loop diagnosis?

My issue here was the amp I was using, it didnt support signal input. As soon as swapped to an amp that did everything was fine.
  2. yakev724

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

My understanding is EQT has a different design to most other aftermarket charge pipes. Half of what would typically be a hard pipe is instead a silicone hose, this also serves as the “coupler”.
  3. yakev724

Understanding the MK7 PCV function, retrofitting the MK8 PCV, and why catch cans are bullshit(IMO)

The EQT hose is larger than stock, therefore only the supplied EQT TMD will work with it. Hence all the drama with bungs and hoses, 034 is not an option for us unless we want to go back to stock charge pipe diameter.
  4. yakev724

Tricky with the EQT TMD - I was originally planning to do that but it's really built to maximize ID, leaving really thin walls, making tapping challenging. I'm pretty happy with my install so far, though I added the adapter on the other side of the hose to you - near the TMD side. Yet to put it...
  5. yakev724

OEM Euro MPI Intake Manifold NIB

allows you to add MPI, more fuel, more power small added benefit of intake valves being cleaned by way of the fuel
  6. yakev724

yep I do - shoot me a PM to coordinate
  7. yakev724

CV Axle Replacements

Can replace the entire CV joint as well. OE GKN/Lobro available from trodo.com FCP carries the boots (cross listed w Porsche Cayenne iirc) https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/porsche-axle-boot-kit-gkn-95534990400
  8. yakev724

Believe these are the ECU SAI sensor pins, ordered what I need to rig up a harness for my (non-SAI) car to run a PCV pressure sensor in its place/log via simos, hopefully it works off the bat. Will report back.
  9. yakev724

06L133201GA (replaces 06L133201AH) Brand new, purchased from e-acca 6 months ago. There are plenty of non-OEM manifolds out there for less but if you need to have OEM this will be cheapest you find new. SOLD ($300 shipped)
  10. yakev724

Jumped the gun on pcv sensor/harness. My car doesn’t have SAI 🤦‍♂️ If anyone wants it PM me, will let it go for cheap.
  11. yakev724

Unfort. haven't been able to test thoroughly/log yet but have done a few pulls and it seems to be solidly in place and not leaking. You want the hose to be about as long as an iphone and barb angled a bit towards the firewall. Don't drill the hole in the charge hose too far from the edge, as...
  12. yakev724

Mk8 torque vectoring Haldex retrofit

Best of luck mate, hobbies always gonna be there for you
  13. yakev724

Seat Heating Pinout Help

Comparing the golf/8v diagrams I think I got my solution now. 1 8v -> 2 mk7 2 8v -> 3 mk7 3 8v -> 1 mk7 4 8v -> 4 mk7 looks like the routes/bcm terminals are the same between the 2 platforms.
  14. yakev724

Seat Heating Pinout Help

Hi folks, I'm trying to fit mk7 ali express heating pads to my 2015 8v s3 with factory heating as part of a recaro retrofit. The factory 6-pin connector which runs from the seat and plugs in below has the following pinout: 1: br/y 0.5mm^2 2: bk/y 0.5mm^2 3: br/w 1mm^2 4: bk/v 1mm^2 5: not...
  15. yakev724

Legend - my harness is on its way and just finished fabbing up the venturi to my charge pipe hose. Curious to measure the impact. In case anyone needs this setup (though keep in mind not many aftermarket charge pipes have a larger silicone hose like EQT): bung fitting 1 fitting 2 hose
  16. yakev724

TTRS Brembo Upgrade Info

Email https://freakyparts.co.uk/
  17. yakev724

Does the Tiguan hose have a similar valve setup as the mk8 (06Q103213)? They both connect to both sides of the compressor to presumably take advantage of the pressure differential?
  18. yakev724

Seat upgrades & safety rules

Ah yes you're totally right. That's actually why I bought it and not the quick fit originally.
  19. yakev724

Seat upgrades & safety rules

Passed NASA Tech 3x since running Profi II 4-point with a Recaro Sportster. It's are also "expired" for FIA purposes. Had few chats with the techs, including the lead tech in my region and he passed them because the rear belt angle seems close to what Schroth say is within spec for these. I was...