GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cbentley

Rear pads that can handle both cold and autocross?

I too am running EBC Yellows here in Canada. No issues with the approx -10C we have had recently. Just by looking at a coefficient of friction chart for a typical brake pad, I wouldn't imagine "extreme cold" by human standards would matter too much from a pad perspective. Brake fluid viscosity...
  2. cbentley

POLL: Stage 1 high torque, did your stock clutch fail?

Are you asking for people running a specific tune? I am Unitronic Stage 1 (no high/low torque versions) and haven't had any slippage on the stock clutch. Fingers crossed.
  3. cbentley

Cameron's 2015 GTI Autobahn College Student Build

New Brake Pads My EBC Yellow Stuff pads arrived last week. This was my first time installing pads, so I got some help (and borrowed tools) from a friend who'd done it before. Removing the old pads was surprisingly stress-free. Take wheels off, remove the two bolts holding the caliper...
  4. cbentley

Cameron's 2015 GTI Autobahn College Student Build

Hey, I'm pretty new to this forum, the Mk7, and the enthusiast community in general, so I figured making a quick build thread would be a great way to get acquainted with everything, and also to keep a log of everything I do to this car over the next few years. I'm a mechanical engineering...