GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Bounciness on turns?

For the past couple weeks I've noticed the car seems to handle - not worse, but... different. The most noticeable change seems to be what feels like 'bounciness' on turns or cracks in pavement. I've looked under the car, don't see any damage, tires don't appear to be out of round, bent, flat...
  2. C

Baby mirror?

Anyone know if this would fit a GTI? Site says Atlas/Tiguan/Jetta only and not sure why: https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__Atlas/Baby-Mirror/78748851/000061125P.html
  3. C

Cinderbike's boring MK7.5 GTI build

Hi everyone, Have enough mods done or in-progress that I decided I'd start a journal. First, about me - always loved cars, drove a few Hondas before switching camps for a '14 Fiesta ST (first one in the state of NV AFAIK!). That was totalled end of last year and I was stuck on what to upgrade...
  4. C

PP (red) emblem - 2018+?

Does anyone know if the 2018+ GTI uses a different front 'GTI' emblem from the 2015-2017 models? I can only find the 2015 version online, p/n 5G0853679PWYR. Also any tips to swap these out on the front without having to remove the grill?
  5. C

Helix pricing

Does anyone know if VW ever puts the Helix sub on sale or offers better than the 10/15% cash back on accessories, or should I just buy one now?
  6. C

Metal rear sill plates?

I was wondering if anyone has installed these on their GTI? It sounds like a good idea since the rear seats don't get the 'bling' of the front seats: https://www.ebay.com/i/132713462220 But, I worry about fitment/quality as I always do with Aliexpress/eBay direct from China stuff.
  7. C

Retrofit Fender sub in non-Premium Audio model

Is this possible? Looks like the fender sub fits in the spare tire vs. the Helix one. Or would I have to upgrade the entire system? This would be on an 18 SE.
  8. C

Best MK7.5 MT shift knobs (non BFI)

Looking for any and all suggestions/pix for aftermarket shift knobs. Going to pick up a MT tomorrow (first GTI, coming from a Fiesta ST) but hated the look and feel of the stock knob during the test drive, so probably the first thing I'm replacing.
  9. C

2018 SE Pricing?

Hi everyone, new member and hopeful GTI owner here - what is a good price to aim for for a new 2018 SE manual? Is 26k OTD unreasonable? If it is, what's a good target? PS: Willing to travel, live on the west coast but the local deals here aren't the greatest.