GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

2017 GTI Multiple Cam Related Components Worn - options?

My 2017 GTI SE DSG went in for some work recently due to a rattle noise, and the shop first replaced the camshaft adjuster magnets which did not resolve the issue. They are now suggesting I need a new exhaust cam and that there is visible wear on multiple cam related components. The note states...
  2. A

Oil on camshaft magnet connector plugs?

A couple weeks ago I noticed a rattle near the upper timing chain cover on my MK7 GTI SE. It has 120k on it. It seemed to be coming from the camshaft adjuster magnets, so I unplugged them and the sound went away. Plugging them back in made the sound come back. I noticed when unplugging them...
  3. A

Timing chain stretch measurements?

My 2017 MK7 GTI SE has 115k on it. Recently it was in for service and the mechanic noted that the timing chain cover was starting to leak oil. They did a measurement in VCDS of the timing chain and the comment was "total of both phase actual values -4.4" and suggested I might consider doing the...
  4. A

Creaking or crunching from suspension?

My 2017 GTI SE has had worsening creaking and crunching sounds from the suspension starting at about 60,000 miles. It happens mainly when there’s more suspension travel such as going over a change in pitch or speedbump. It’s now at almost 100,000 miles and the problem seems to get slowly worse...
  5. A

Reverse lights?

I am getting a warning that the right reverse light is out. I went to the dealer to get a replacement and after two tries the conclusion I came to is the part listed in the parts catalog that they are currently selling doesn't really fit like the one that came with my car (a 2017 SE). It is too...
  6. A

HVAC fan switch worn out?

Has anyone noticed the HVAC fan switch to wear out overtime? I have a 2017 GTI I SE with manual climate control. I’ve noticed lately to switch feels loose and does not stick on settings above “4” on the dial. I think I can just replace the panel? Does anyone know if this is just a drop in...
  7. A

Cabin filter that is good at filtering?

Can anyone suggest a replacement cabin filter that is good at filtering smaller particles? There is a ton of construction going on near me and the ones I’ve tried don’t seem very effective at filtering whatever’s in the air. So far I’ve tried the basic white pleated filter from VW, the...
  8. A

Rust on spare wheel and jack?

I opened the spare compartment in the back of my 2017 GTI yesterday and I noticed after I removed the spare and the sub that there was a small bit (a few drops) of moisture and rust around the rim where it seals with the tire. There was also a small amount on the jack. I noticed no other signs...
  9. A

MK7 GTI over 100k, what am I in for?

I have a 2017 MK7 GTI SE DSG that has 95k miles on it. It’s a 5/2017 build that I bought new and I’m the only owner. I have stuck to the factory maintenance schedule at the dealer - 10k oil change interval and recommended DSG and brake fluid intervals. Over the years, I’ve replaced: -...
  10. A

Dent on inside/bottom of drivers door?

I noticed today that there is a small dent near the bottom of my drivers side door. It’s on the inside portion, near the weather stripping. There is no other damage to the door and it’s never been hit there. Anyone know what this is? So weird.
  11. A

Headlight turns on and off on its own

My right xenon adaptive headlight intermittently turns on and off on its own. It will be fine for like a week, then for whatever reason it will turn on and off on its own every 20-30 seconds. It will then stop on its own, only to do it again a few days later. There are no errors on the dashboard...
  12. A

Passenger side mirror shattered?

I was sitting in a parking spot yesterday and all the sudden the passenger side mirror just shattered and fell on the ground. As far as I know it was never hit and there were no visible chips or cracks in it prior. Is this like a known problem with this car? It’s a 2017 GTI SE. Is there...
  13. A

Pilot Sport AS4 mileage?

How many miles are you guys getting on the AS4s? I’m on track to get 20k on my set before I’m down to 4/32. Is that typical for this tire? I think I got more out of my AS3s and I was harder on those lol.
  14. A

Damaged/melted side bolster?

Has anyone seen this before? My 2017 mk7 GTI SE developed this pattern of damage to the inside side bolster on the passenger seat seemingly overnight. It looks like it was maybe melted or somehow corroded? It’s very brittle in texture. (Ignore the moisture from the wipes, the damage is on the...
  15. A

Transmission side axel flange fluid

On my last oil change the tech noted “The transmission side axel flange has some fluid near it.” They wiped it off and are going to have me come back to check it again after driving a few hundred miles. I recently had some suspension work on that side. Could it be due to that? Is there some...
  16. A

Rear door b pillar condensation?

I’ve seen at times what looks like condensation on the inside part of the window near the front part of the rear doors. It’s right next to the B pillar? Is this normal?
  17. A

OEM VW Fender Subwoofer?

My 2017 SE GTI came with the Fender sound system which includes the subwoofer that fits in the spare tire. Somehow mine got damaged. I was going to try to replace it with one that isn't damaged and I found this part...
  18. A

Heater box diagram?

Does anyone have a good photo or video or even a diagram that shows how the mk7 heater box switches between hot and cold air? I’m assuming there is a blend flap somewhere, but I’d like to understand the air path. Mine hvac smells and gives me allergies. I cleaned it with evaporator foam so it’s...
  19. A

Peeling/Bubbling tape in sunroof track

The inside tray area in front of the mesh for my sunroof appears to have what looks like some sort of plastic or electrical tape applied to it. I noticed recently that it’s bubbling and peeling in some spots. Has anyone else noticed this? I haven’t noticed any leaks. Car is a 2017 GTI SE with...
  20. A

Pothole damage to one strut - replace both?

My 2017 GTI suffered some damage to the front passenger side due to a pothole impact. I replaced the tire and the bent wheel, but they can’t get the car to align properly likely due to bent components on that corner. I have been advised to replace those components including the strut. Can I just...