GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Ketchup

JB4 Bluetooth and Apple Carplay at the same time?

Hi all! I have a 2018 GTI S and I use Apple Carplay for everything. I also have a JB4 that I installed just after I got the car. I am considering the BT module for the JB4 and was wondering if you can have the gauges going for the JB4 on the iPhone at the same time being able to use the Apple...
  2. Ketchup

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Quick question: Been running the JB4 for about 25Kmiles now and it sure is fun. If I add the BT module and the app so I can see gauges, does my phone (iPhone) still connect to the car via BT for calls? Thank you!
  3. Ketchup

Side-view mirror (Left side) disassemble/assemble? (hit the garage door frame)

Sweet! Thanks! (That's where I'm getting the indicators from)
  4. Ketchup

Side-view mirror (Left side) disassemble/assemble? (hit the garage door frame)

Hi all. Can someone point me to details on how to disassemble & reassemble the left side view mirror? I whacked it pulling out of the garage and the turn indicator lens is busted. The painted cover popped off, too. I'm going to replace both indicators with the sequential ones since they are...
  5. Ketchup

Here in Kommiefornia, I only have access to 91. I am assuming I'd need to do a downpipe to get more gains? I was reading that map 6 can be tweaked with recommendations by George after logging details.
  6. Ketchup

Confirmed---map 1. I got all the info from George on the N54 site. I think I just got into drugs with this thing! LOL After the car was warmed up...OMG! That's a rush!
  7. Ketchup

Woo hoo! Got it installed! I took it for a 15 minute drive but didn't notice much. Without the data cable or BT module is there a way to know? (2018 S w/DSG) Also, when I get the BT module, where does that plug in and do I need to feed that through the firewall, too (because getting the big...
  8. Ketchup

Thanks I was looking at that and figured as much...just wanted to see it's location before opening it up...going to install tomorrow morning!
  9. Ketchup

So I just got my JB4 yesterday for my 2018 GTI S DSG. From the top of the engine, I cannot see the "D" connector (I don't see any wires to follow). Where should I be looking? If I'm looking down from the top is it closer to the right-side of the fan buried in there somewhere?
  10. Ketchup

Clubsport S muffler

OK. Thanks...was that link for the TCR or do I just search "TCR" on there? Thanks! (I'm just starting with the modding)
  11. Ketchup

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

I wish they still made the GTI in a 2 door! I ordered the JB4 and will get it Friday! After my service & recall on Saturday, I'm putting that in. Also looking at getting the Clubsport S muffler. All else is stock...for now!
  12. Ketchup

Clubsport S muffler

So where is a reliable place to buy the CSS muffler? I have a 2018 S DSG and want some fun sound now. Thanks!
  13. Ketchup

JB1 in California?

Thanks! I found a place to get it...looks like the JB4 is only $50 more...will probably do that and then later the BT connection for it. :)
  14. Ketchup

JB1 in California?

Hi all! I am looking to get a new JB1 for my 2018 GTI, but I'm in California. Anyone know what retailer will sell them to me? I tried BMS directly, but they can't. Thanks!
  15. Ketchup

ScanGuage II use?

Was looking for boost, intake temps, oil pressure. Not that I need it...just fun to watch since I have this thing just sitting around. I'll probably just test it out and see if it fits anywhere that doesn't look lame. :-)
  16. Ketchup

ScanGuage II use?

Mine is just the "S" so I don't have the neat gauges built-in. Too bad it's not something that can be unlocked using OBDelevin !
  17. Ketchup

ScanGuage II use?

Thanks! Yeah, it's just a reader. Didn't know if anyone was using them in a GTI.
  18. Ketchup

***** Official Southern California Spotted Thread *****

Who lives in Riverside that drives up the hill on La Sierra each evening? I'm the White Silver GTI with the KPop stickers on it :-P Love the sound of your exhaust! (I always go fast up the hill to home since I have to pee from being on the train for so long! LOL) :)
  19. Ketchup

ScanGuage II use?

Hi. I had a 2010 Mini and now a 2018 GTI. I used the ScanGauge in the Mini since I needed temp gauges and other. Now I have this just sitting around and was wondering if anyone is using it in their GTI or R? If so, where's a good place to mount it? Thanks!