GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. I

Interchangeable DCC shock absorbers between GTI, Golf R, S3 & Cupra

The struts should fit as they are both 55 mm, don’t know if they have the same valving. Have read some say the R is an upgrade for a GTI with lowering springs, so placing GTI struts on the R may not be.
  2. I

Complete Fender System Speaker Upgrade *Updated Nov 22/19*

Haha ... it was a lot of work, yet I felt the end result was a good improvement over stock. Good sound in your car is at least a +5 hp performance boost ...
  3. I

2 ohm DVC, so two 2ohm coils. Only found Fosgate and Pioneer had low profile, 2 ohm DVC subs.
  4. I

Sorry, Have not come back to this post for awhile. One issue with getting the speakers to fit was the dia. of my speakers were larger than stock. On the front doors there were further areas other than the rings around the speaker openning that needed to be ground down, otherwise they interfered...
  5. I

For the factory wire and harness coupling, you can purchase this online. There are a couple posts on this site with the part numbers and info, don’t have this on hand at the moment`. I believe the white wires are positive and the brown are negative. The secondary colour on the wires lines up the...
  6. I

Thanks for the info, This might help further improve the sound. I'll have to get someone with an OBD11 to verify.
  7. I

UPDATE: Nov. 22/19 Still think there is some more improvement to be made to this setup and I therefore have tried to address some of the limitations in two ways. First, there was the issue of not knowing what frequencies were being produced through the various Amp speaker outputs. I came up...
  8. I

While the Fender System is fairly good for an OEM system, it is still somewhat lacking compared to other systems I have built. I therefore started to look at what could be done to make it better. My goal was to spend as little time and money as possible, and not upgrade the Head Unit or Amp. I...
  9. I

Steering Tilt Lever mod

I was tired of getting jabbed in that tender spot behind the left knee cap, so did a number on the Steering Tilt Lever ... lol Other than not realizing the part was not solid, it turned out as I had hoped. Will need to get some buffing compound to clean it up a bit. Might profile it a some...