GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

ECS tuning selling open-box returns?

Very late final update, last month I did successfully send it back and received a refund. The final person who reached out to me was very helpful, and once she got involved the return process went smoothly. The point of this thread was never to trash ECS, but rather to post my personal...
  2. S

I got an email yesterday saying they will be happy to refund even though I had installed the gauge, and received a return shipping label in a separate email, so hopefully this is the end of the fiasco.
  3. S

@KyACRASH I contacted them immediately after receiving the item, explained I wouldn't have time to install until May, and was told it wouldn't be a problem to get a refund at a later date since I brought the issue to their attention right away, and they had a record of it.
  4. S

I just ordered a replacement gauge direct from APR, I'll re-use the vent pod, electrical harness, and plumbing. So at least I was able to salvage a bit and not have to buy a complete new kit. I just couldn't bring myself to ship it back to ECS and hope they follow through with an exchange...
  5. S

They finally responded to my email this AM, and we went back and forth via email. They are refusing to refund and offering only an exchange (which they made clear would consist of two separate transactions - a return and refund, and a new order being placed with my existing credit card number)...
  6. S

Well I finally got a chance to install the gauge a couple weeks ago and it was completely dead. Needle wouldn't move at all. The line to the boost tap was fine, I could feel the vacuum on my thumb when I put it over the open end. Emailed ECS two weeks ago, no response. Again this morning, no...
  7. S

WTB boost gauge for MKVII

After getting properly screwed by ECS tuning, I have a APR boost gauge kit with a non-functional gauge. I'm looking for just a gauge I can use with the rest of my pod, wiring, etc. Hopefully something that matches the lighting of a MKVII GTI.
  8. S

They got back to me today, acknowledged that they now have a record of the issue in case there's an issue when I get around to installing it. They offered to give me a full refund and ship it back, or 10% back and I can keep it. I took the 10% and hoping the gauge works.
  9. S

FS: JB4 AFR Harness - Avoid Posi-Tapping Your OEM Harness!

I know some people say they have had issues with the eBay ones, but I've been running an eBay one for about 6 months now without a single hiccup. (y)
  10. S

Why do I think that will be a grimace and not a grin? 😬😅
  11. S

Thanks for the info, I didn't know they weren't a solid operation, fair to say they'll never get another order from me.
  12. S

I recently ordered an APR boost gauge from ECS along with a couple other items. I opened the large box and the smaller APR box was inside. The APR-labeled tape had obviously been cut open and taped back shut with regular clear packing tape, and it looked like a prior shipping label may have...
  13. S

WTB stock MK7 GTI exhaust in PNW

I'm looking for a stock system to cut up and fit to a CSS muffler, so I don't actually need the stock muffler, but would take one either way. General Seattle area.
  14. S

WTB Clubsport S muffler in PNW or shipped

I'm looking for a CSS muffler for my MK7, I'm in Seattle and would drive 4 or 5 hours to pick one up. Would also consider one shipped.
  15. S

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

That would make sense, the DME_BT values look a lot more like what I thought the ECU would be requesting. I looked back at my previous logs and the ECU PSI and DME BT are a lot closer together, I'm hoping someone has some ideas on why they are so far apart, and if it's a problem. EDIT: I found...
  16. S

Can you guys take a look at this map 6 log and help me understand what's going on? I did an additive map trying to mirror map 2, just a bit softer down low. The actual boost was way higher than what was being requested. For instance at 4k rpm the ecu psi was 13.8, target was 3.7, and actual...
  17. S

Could you guys tell me what you think of these map 2 runs? Stock except JB4. 92 octane, 65 degree ambient temp, 200ft elevation. I was surprised to see the boost lower than my map 1 runs from yesterday. Could this be due to the lower ambient temp (65 vs 75 degrees) and lower elevation (200...
  18. S

https://datazap.me/u/samfortun/map-1-81720?log=0&data=1-4 https://datazap.me/u/samfortun/map-1-81720-comm-error?log=0&data=1-4 Did two more runs, to 6500 rpm this time. Map 1, 75 degrees, 92 octane. On the second log I originally thought there was an error when I viewed it in the JB4...
  19. S

Ok will do, I was running out of road on these logs. Is the AFR spike on Map 1 run 2 concerning? I want to make sure that's not a problem before I go WOT again. Thanks
  20. S

I did my first logs with my JB4 and was hoping someone could take a look at them and make sure everything looks ok. 2017 GTI S, totally stock, 20k miles. 92 octane fuel, 64 degree ambient temperature. All logs in 3rd gear, let off around 5,500 rpm. Should I be concerned with the AFR spikes...