GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

The hypothesis is if you give the turbo more air, the more hp's you get. If we can tweak things anywhere infront of the turbo to increase airflow, lower temps, and increase pressure then we should obviously see gains. It's not just limited to the air filter/intake. There's a big picture with...
  2. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

Kiwi OBD2 interface with Dash Command
  3. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

You're right, they aren't that simple but they do follow basic laws which perhaps you may not be familiar with. The front of the car is Always a high pressure area and the engine bay of any and every car with a hood IS an area of low pressure. Radiators and any other cooling element at the...
  4. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

To clarify, this is the R section...not the GTI section...and no, you can't just Dremel out the side. You'd still need to block off the middle. Some people would rather keep their factory pieces "factory" for down the road when they sell them.
  5. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

I'll help you guys with some pictures... This is the Factory system. You can see the Drivers side is blocked off and the Passenger side is open straight through to the engine bay to provide cooling for the intake manifold and whatever else. In this pic, I've removed the top cover so you can...
  6. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

It's not a guess. The factory ducting leaves the intake air open to the engine bay. This is warmer (obviously) than the air outside the front of the grill. Also, the engine bay is a low pressure area (when moving). Factory ducting is exposed to the warmer/lower pressure air of the engine...
  7. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

Agreed, although I did 3 pulls with stock and 3 pulls with my inlet and it showed a difference of between 1 - 4 deg. C cooler. All runs performed within an hour of each other. There are no doubt better ways to measure the difference. As for the physics of it, the air going in is colder and at...
  8. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

I've redesigned my fibreglass version into a 3D Printable version. Intake temps are between 1 - 4 deg.C cooler than stock depending on how hard you're driving it. I did my testing with an ambient temperature of 28 deg. Celsius. One shown in the pic is printed with PETG Carbon Fiber. I have...
  9. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

Still have to Fab it up but I'm planning on $150
  10. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

Completed design on the inlet. Got sidetracked with another project for a while. Inlet is for sale. Adapts to factory Air Box and Deletes front grill inlet. -allows for better airflow to intake manifold -Colder/Higher pressure air to air filter (More Dense) -You can hear the car breath better...
  11. HeliDriver

DIY Intake

I was looking at the factory intake piping and was shocked at how inefficient it is. I considered the DIY "drill mod" but that wouldn't solve the issue of the hot and lower pressure engine bay air mixing with the intake air. I took out the factory ducting and made a mould for a new fibreglass...
  12. HeliDriver

Vancouver Chat Thread

Saying Hi from Chilliwack
  13. HeliDriver

Show us your MK7

14. HeliDriver

Neuspeed hyper black wheels ... what valve stems are you using?

I went with the black low profile on the Hyper black 102's