GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. theBrandler

Need a single Austin wheel, new Hampshire or Massachusetts

I've got a wheel out of round. I just need one Austin, doesn't need to be pretty, just round and balanced. Looking to spend about $90 or so. I'm in Southern New Hampshire / northern Massachusetts area I'm trying not to spend too much on it because I'm saving up to put all new wheels on it next...
  2. theBrandler

Jack came pre-broken with my car...

Got a flat, no big deal. Tried to change the flat, my jack froze half way while trying to lower the car after putting on the spare. The whole time I noticed this jack was super hard to crank. As you can see from the pictures, I broke the crank trying to lower the car. Had to borrow a jack from a...
  3. theBrandler

Lighter replacement for stock Austins?

I just got my 2015 GTI S a few weeks ago, and the previous owner left the car in mostly fantastic shape, apart from the wheels which have some serious curb rash. The fronts are the worst but the rears are not great. I really like the look of the Austins, but replacing them is expensive!!! $240...
  4. theBrandler

Ramp (almost) disaster - what ramps for MK7 GTI?

Over the weekend I changed the oil for my DSG. That was trivial. What was not trivial was getting the GTI on and off the ramps to do this job. I went out and bought Rhino Ramps, the 12,000lb rated variety as that's what I've seen recommended on here (granted no weight rating was recommended so...
  5. theBrandler

Need advice on buying used Mk7 GTI

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, been reading posts for a few weeks now. I've been looking to upgrade my old 2005 Honda Accord v6 for something more nimble and fun. Buddy of mine works at the dealer, let me drive the 2018 GTI S in MT6 and DSG forms. I loved them! I've test driven a Focust ST...