GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S1ack

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Yeah, I get that. But I plan to drive this car into the ground, so I am figuring in the cost/hassle of future cleanings too. And I could, of course take advantage of the fueling headroom: Question, does this necessitate an upgrade to the low pressure pump? Or is there something to be gained...
  2. S1ack

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I saw the kit, and the euro manifold and the sensor. Will likely go that route. I assume, but not sure, with the upgraded sensor, map revision(s) to add MPI, could then add wee bit of boost? As I recall the stock sensor tops out at 28 PSI?
  3. S1ack

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I am coming up on 50k miles. 2016 .:R Was going to do a carbon cleaning, and mulling over adding port injection... https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/precision-raceworks-mpi-kit-vw-audi-mqb Edit: Would this require a revision to my e-tune? (MPI-specific software tuning is...
  4. S1ack

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Not there I'll wait a bit more. Out of town anyways.
  5. S1ack

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Two Questions: 1) I purchased a tune revision. What's the ETA on an updated file? Been a week or so. 2) Adding MPI to a Vortex install with full bolt on support. What specifically is needed (beside better brakes and a clutch ha)... The kit (I am thinking the smaller injector size as I am not...
  6. S1ack

Clutchless ignition update: solved (maybe)

Looks good. Many thanks. Edit: I ordered 2. Will experiment with tapping the holes. I figure I will bork that once. My rib cage is already hurting thinking about the install.
  7. S1ack

On page 5 you said you updated your shapeways link with the new file. Searching thread for shapeways and tinkercad, I cannot find it. Any chance you have either link in your browser history. And could spare the time to re-share.
  8. S1ack

Ridebjj So after all these months, when you scan, do you see these at all? C10BF01 - Clutch position sensor Electrical error Intermittent C10BF29 - Clutch position sensor Implausible signal Intermittent Edit: another question. This is what the bracket...
  9. S1ack

APR No Longer Providing Stage 2 Tunes After Labour Day. Other Tuners to Follow

Paranoia Question: TL,DR Anyone currently Stage 2 or beyond contemplating a DP purchase to have as a long term backup? I have Uni DP with high flow cat in the OEM location (per Uni) web page. EQT Protune FBO. Currently I pass inspection in my state without doing jack squat. I plan to keep...
  10. S1ack

Do youn think teenagers have posters of Golf Rs on their bedroom walls?

Test I wanna know more about the Hugh Syme stuff. Is that concept stuff? Does not look like the actual covers.
  11. S1ack

Let's see how long my stock motor puts up with this nonsense...

So, is the stock motor still putting up with all that nonsense?
  12. S1ack

I Predict a Parts Shortage

So a spare 1.8T for the 2.0T? Gotcha. Seriously though, as I just picked up a 19 Jetta GLI, I might just get some items that are common between it and the 16 Golf R. Water pump and coil packs sound like a good start.
  13. S1ack

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed, is Motul Sport still your favorite oil? Followed by the Motul 8100 X-cess?
  14. S1ack

Watching video's on instrument cluster ?

As in VIM? On the digital dash? But why? Thread title is cringe worthy. I can sorta understand the desire for VIM on the infotainment screen.
  15. S1ack

So long Baby.. Another '15 Bricked

I'm also convinced this attempt with magnets is more trouble than it's worth. Throws codes immediately. Trouble codes: P172400 - Signal for starter lock Short circuit to ground static P172300 - Signal for starter lock Open circuit static U101000...
  16. S1ack

I purchased two solenoids from Amazon - one a 10mm stroke, another 15mm (a much bigger, beefier unit than the 10mm one), I also purchased some very small strong magnets. I'll be driving south for the holiday, and time permitting, I may mess around with these and a 12 VDC supply.
  17. S1ack

OK so electro-magnets will not work. How about sticking the strong ass magnets to a 12VDC push solenoid, and wiring in a momentary switch (personally I would hide the switch) to activate the solenoid so as to move the magnet(s) into position before cranking. Releasing the button and the...
  18. S1ack

I am wondering if perhaps it's time for the clutch interlock bypass talk to leave the parent's basement and become it's own thread? Looking for 12VDC electromagnets - here is a 1/2 in x 1/2 inch unit.... https://www.aecmagnetics.com/store/automation/round-12-volt-dc/ce-050-12c-1-detail
  19. S1ack

Consensus sound deadning material. Is there one?

Is there a favorite sound deadning product out there? One that provides value for the money that all the dubbers agree is the 'cat's a$$'. I'm thinking probably not, but thought I'd ask.
  20. S1ack

Creak / Squeak passenger side dash-to-door trim...

It's a thread over on Vortex thought i'd post here just because more eyeballs... https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8446929-Creak-Squeak-passenger-side-dash-to-door-trim Creaking noise from this area....