GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Hockey

Traded in my GTI because it needed a turbo replacement

No risk, no reward. As they say.
  2. Hockey

Thanks! Dealer gave me 14k CAD and threw in a bunch of extras for the truck and $2000 discount on top. I'm 6'1" and still struggle to get in but I refuse to get side steps. Although this particular model does have a 2 inch factory lift.
  3. Hockey

Thanks! 2023 Chevrolet Colorado Trail Boss trim, just one up from the work truck trim level. It's an eight speed auto transmission.
  4. Hockey

Around August the wastegate actuator on my turbo went and I replaced it with ECS's aftermarket option, however it still didn't fix the problem. The dealer and an independent shop told me I needed a turbo replacement. After all that I finally decided to trade in the car because I didn't want to...
  5. Hockey

Dealer told me I need a turbo replacement

Is this the part I would need? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-cts-parts/genuine-electronic-wastegate-actuator/cts-wga-200~cts/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSP2RGBjQidJ5ETwz3NP6FMI2FdkNu2CuC0Jd-mpnfJaOuxWlwWTasMxoCSCcQAvD_BwE
  6. Hockey

They are due to be changed but almost metal on metal is a little dramatic. Changing the pads this week. I guess I'll start putting money aside for a new turbo and cross my fingers that there are no further issues until I can replace it.
  7. Hockey

I went to the dealer after a EPC like came on in my car. I needed to get a recall and DSG service taken care of so I had them look at the problem with the light too. I was told I needed a new turbo after they looked at the codes in the image I attatched. Are they correct in conclusion I need a...
  8. Hockey

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I have a Eurodyne stage 1.5 tune ECU and TCU. If I get an IS38 turbo replacement do I need to get a tune again? Also would I need both ECU and TCU?
  9. Hockey

What's the deal with Beetle hubcaps?

Does anyone know where to purchase the hubcaps that the Beetle has? (Preferably not from the expensive dealership) I want to get a set and put them on my steel winter wheels if I can.
  10. Hockey

What did you do to your mk7 today?

From constantly touching the button over time it will start to wear. If you want to prevent it I think badgeskinz sells a clear vinyl that goes over top.
  11. Hockey

My start button was starting to fade and was going to put clear vinyl like most do, but decided the damage was done. I cut out a 3/4 inch circle matte black and stuck it on.
  12. Hockey

Injen intake - What part is this?

I have had my intake for a few years now and there is this little rubber gasket piece that goes around a solid plastic piece to keep it in place. One of them came off and is gone, I don't want to spend the money for an intake so I was wondering if I can find this rubber gasket piece somewhere or...
  13. Hockey

Damaged front grill, is it fixable?

In the summer I had a stone go into my grill right inside the VW emblem and broke most of the plastic behind the emblem. I got some inlay stickers to put inside the emblem and to my surprise the little stickers held up for another 6 months but now I have a few small holes in the stickers and I'm...
  14. Hockey

What happens if I add a DP with a stage 1?

So right now I'm pretty happy with the power gains I'm getting but am thinking of adding a catted DP I can get second hand off someone for cheap. The thing is I'm currently stage 1.5 adjustable file Eurodyne and I don't want to go stage 2 which will make me want to spend more money on an IC and...
  15. Hockey

Anybody a video game junkie?

Picked up the newest NFS a couple weeks ago when it was on sale. Just unlocked the GTI Clubsport lol
  16. Hockey

I drove in paint

Driving home last week a road work crew past me going the other direction. When I passed them I heard something that I thought sounded like sand or rocks hitting the side of my car. I pulled over to find it was bright yellow paint. The kind they use to do the lines for the roads. Long story...
  17. Hockey

What are these mods?

Someone from my area gave me some gifts he said wouldn't fit/work with his car, Audi A4 I think. He wasn't even really sure what the mods were because someone else gave them to him. So, does anyone know what this stuff is? Thanks.
  18. Hockey

FS: JB1 without cable

Located in Clarington. Can meet anywhere in Durham region (Ontario) $400
  19. Hockey

Lost my DSG farts after Eurodyne tune

Just got back from getting my car tuned. Eurodyne stage 1.5 ECU and DSG. On the drive home I had the chance to do a few launches on some back roads and I heard none to very minimal DSG farts/pops than before. Just wanted to add that I liked the farts/pops and would like them back, thanks.
  20. Hockey

Really? Wow. Local tire shop ordered them in and installed them for me. Only waited 4 days.