GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Because of the length of the carriage bolts, and where the brackets met the cross bar, I had peel those little splitters off. Also had to remove the rubber track piece to allow for more bite on the carriage bolts. I think they could have made them a little bit longer. Or, provide two different...
  2. B

Factory cross bars with Inno wind faring, size medium.
  3. B

^^^^This. Less is more.
  4. B

Nothing extravagant or even terribly exciting...new badges front and rear.
  5. B

Washed, waxed and carrier bars.
  6. B

I haven't had much of an issue with mine. Sure, it gets warm, but not scalding.
  7. B

The install was fairly straight forward, just a bit time consuming removing each wheel for install. It helped having a proper floor jack, air compressor and impact wrench. Not sure if the part numbers are the same for mk7 and mk7.5, but these are the part numbers I ordered for my mk7.5...
  8. B

Wired in my dash cam to a switch circuit off of the fuse box, and tucked the wire behind the interior panels; makes for a much cleaner look.
  9. B

What's curious, after checking my VIN, Deutsche Auto Parts confirmed the replacement OEM emblem for a mk7 would in fact fit my mk7.5, though when searching the aftermarket websites, one noted in bold letters, would not fit facelift models. I just haven't wanted to take the chance destroying the...
  10. B

While waiting for parts houses to restock the black rear 'VW' emblems, and until I can confirm they'll work for the 7.5 (I've gotten conflicting information as to whether or not a mk7 emblem will work on a mk7.5), I thought I'd test the waters using Plasti Dip. I'm on the fence.
  11. B

ProClip phone mount. I use the QuadLock mounting system for use on the motorcycle (GPS), so I skipped purchasing the ProClip phone cradle and purchased an extra QuadLock "Wall Mount" instead. Just 'twist, lock & go'.
  12. B

Wife and kid got me WeatherTech wind/rain deflectors for Father's Day. I wasted no time.
  13. B

Programmed the ECU and added the ECS Tuning Hatch Pop Kit to open with the key fob. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdR3DE1mzgA
  14. B

Did you activate "All windows" from within the head unit?
  15. B

I came across this video, granted it's a MK7-R and not 7.5 GTI, but if the fit works well, I may decide to go with the hybrid option of a single ECS strut assembly combined with a single OEM VW strut assembly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF6l2xgufrg
  16. B

I'll let you know how it goes. The vehicle fit web tool said it worked with the 7.5, so we will see.
  17. B

Coded the rear hatch and ordered the ECS Tuning Hatch Pop Kit.
  18. B

Spacers showed up on my doorstep today...
  19. B

Had VWR springs installed: And in the process, found that the dealership neglected to remove the pucks from the front springs: