GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. The Stig2

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I would love to do that mod too as I hate the GTI’s honeycomb. Is it a straightforward mod and do you lose the fog lights?
  2. The Stig2

Pics attached with Centre grille replaced
  3. The Stig2

replaced the center grille on my PP 2017 GTI SE with that of a regular Golf. I hated the honeycomb and red strip. I think the car looks so much more stealth looking. My next project is to get the Euro Spec R headlights with the chrome strip and somehow see if I can get the red GTI badge...
  4. The Stig2

Test drove a DSG Golf R

So, went to test drive a Golf R at a dealership in Long Island yesterday. I have only driven manual transmissions all my life, so not that familiar with automatic transmissions to be quite honest. In Europe, where I grew up, learnt how to drive on a manual car. Anyway, so below are my issues...
  5. The Stig2

MICHELIN® PILOT SUPER SPORT on 2017 GTI MK7

Hey family, Looking to switch out the stock all season tires for the MPSS summer tires for my 2017 GTI. I noticed there are two size variations, one being XL (225/40ZR18/XL) and the other non-XL. What is the big difference performance wise and which size is recommended. Maybe a pros vs cons...
  6. The Stig2

Switching out a MK7 steering wheel with a re-upholstered OEM CORE

Any issues getting a re-upholstered steering wheel (OEM core) switched out on a MK7 GTI? I am too scared to do it myself, so have been calling around, and some service depts. quote over $200 and others around $70 to do the switch-out. Some say they need to do re-coding, others not. In your...
  7. The Stig2

Any issues retrofitting an 8' intertainment system onto a 2016/2017 US MK7

I haven't seen a lot of threads discussing the retro-fitting of the 8inch Euro infotainment part into a 2016/2017 MK7 with the 6.5inch screen. My question is directed with folks who have done the installation. Any issues at all after the fact? Is it truly plug & play without the need for any...
  8. The Stig2

Best detailing shops on Long Island

Hey fam, my reflix silver 2017 GTI went in for its annual NYS inspection & oil change this past weekend. Also took it to the car wash afterwards, and when I got home, I noticed 2 very minor scratches on the hood. Seeing I cannot pinpoint whether the car wash or dealership was at fault, I’m going...
  9. The Stig2

STIG wants a R - importing from Canada to the US?

First time poster, long time lurker. I purchased a 17 Reflex Silver GTI SE manual last year, and have been crazy in love with it. My wife has jumped on the bandwagon and basically taken it over. Its okay, because this has given me the reason to purchase an R. No doubt she will probably take that...