GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1

SOLD BMS JB-4 (for R), Bluetooth, O2 patchcord, BMS Pedal Tuner

Sale pending on remainder. Will update soon.
  2. 1

Sale pending on the Pedal Tuner. Assuming all goes well, the JB-4, bluetooth, and O2 patchcord now $350.
  3. 1

SOLD Traded the R. Have the following for sale (prices when new for reference): $479 - BMS JB-4 Group 1 (for R) $140 - BMS Bluetooth Adapter $35 - O2 Sensor patchcord (no pin through wire) $179 - BMS Pedal Tuner $833 of goodies for $400 shipped to lower 48. Or $350 for JB-4 stuff, and...
  4. 1

A look at turbos to come

A young man in California came up with a brushless motor E-Turbo for the MX-5 several years ago. I think it added about 50 hp to the 165 hp 2.0 . It put 3 batteries in place of the factory battery (2 for the turbo and 1 for the car). And yes, it rapidly depleted the turbo batteries, and would...
  5. 1

I bought an R

Fingernail polish works wonders on curbed wheels. Nice 16 !
  6. 1

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Failing Thrust Bearings and Crank Walk (caused by bearing failure): Like many, I'm considering a better clutch for my '19 R. But, the thoughts of replacing the engine due to Thrust Bearing failure caused by a high thrust pressure plate have caused real concern. So, I have done considerable...
  7. 1

Assembled by ECS Drivers side vent boost gauge kit (Autometer) (sold)

So, this is everything except boost/vacuum tap? If so, I would like to purchase via Paypal (Ebay/paypal member since 2000 w/100% positive feedback).
  8. 1

Clutch noise help?

Well, that's one I haven't heard before.
  9. 1

Clutch noise help?

Try these tests (all while car sitting still and in neutral): 1 clutch out (foot not on pedal) 2 clutch held in (pedal held down) 3 clutch moving in (pedal moving down) 4 clutch moving out (pedal moving up) I think you've reported that there is no vibration on number 1 above. Vibration on...
  10. 1

Curbed an Englishtown in car wash, time for Plasti-dip

Looks good "new R". I ended up with a little cloudy glossifier from humidity and laying it on too thick. Research says spraying it with Naptha will both clear up the cloudy and smooth the texture. I'm going to try a little next week. Might also be the way to "renew" the gloss.
  11. 1

Curbed an Englishtown in car wash, time for Plasti-dip

I have no idea how I got that close, but I manged to curb the driver side front wheel in a car wash. Three nice divots. Ooh well, I had Plasti-dip for wheels the wife curbed, but she traded the car before I got to it. Only dipped from spokes out and used almost 4 cans of black and 2 cans of...
  12. 1

Throttle response coding from VW to audi?

+1 on the BMS pedal tuner. I installed the pedal tuner a few miles after the JB4 . Started with the pedal tuner turned all the way up - WAY to sensitive. I kept turning it down a little till I was comfortable, then back up one notch. After a few outings I got used to the setting and could...
  13. 1

black or white with black pretorias

I've got the blue with Englishtowns, but prefer black. Want to trade wheels, lol.
  14. 1

Tuning

I've got the JB-4 with bluetooth and a harness purchased off fleabay. Don't know if the harness was from someone here or someone else, but it works. I'm very pleased with the JB-4. Other than more power, I can't tell it's there - smooth ! Bluetooth gets me gauges on my phone. And, hopefully...
  15. 1

Would I have any problems replacing only 3 tires and having 1 slightly used tire?

One possible problem - if there is a significant difference in circumference, the used tire could set off the TPMS. The used tire making more revolutions as compared to the others could be seen as being low on air.
  16. 1

New Clutch options using dual mass flywheel...

Interesting. I had hoped to find a better gripping clutch plate without having to use a "better than stock" flywheel or pressure plate. Thanks for the info !
  17. 1

spessx, I don't know about the MK6, but my MK7.5 has a dual mass flywheel (provides the "spring" instead of the clutch plate) and is supposed to run a rigid clutch plate. Maybe you have a single mass flywheel, possibly left over from a previous clutch upgrade?
  18. 1

With the apparent weak thrust bearings in our 2.0 engines, I'm leery of going to a higher pressure pressure plate. I recently ran across this clutch disk. It's designed to be used with the stock DM flywheel and stock pressure plate. Yet, it is advertised to be able to hold with a stage 2...
  19. 1

Steel Oil Pan - thoughts, pointers, and 1 warning

I posted this in the GTI forum, but it also applies to the R. I recently purchased two inexpensive steel oil pans - one for my '19 R, and one for the wife's '18 GTI. I just finished the install on the GTI, and thought I'd pass on some findings: First, the WARNING - the factory oil pan...
  20. 1

Steel Oil Pan - thoughts, pointers, and 1 warning

I recently purchased two inexpensive steel oil pans - one for my '19 R, and one for the wife's '18 GTI. I just finished the install on the GTI, and thought I'd pass on some findings: First, the WARNING - the factory oil pan bolts are too long for the steel oil pan. Some of the bolt holes in...