GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

MK 7.5 Mirror cap installation issue

Anyone else buy mirror caps from Aliexpress? I can’t get the passenger side mirror cap to snap in correctly. The driver side is the original and I can get it on and off no issue but the replacement seems to be ill fitting. Any ideas on how to get it to sit correctly? Or where I can buy caps...
  2. G

Side Mirror Replacement

Had a tiny accident backing out my garage and my passenger side mirror was damaged. Got a quote from the dealership for about $1100. My insurance company quoted me half. What do you guys think should I DIY? Is it an easy fix if i get the parts. It looks like all i need is the cap and the...
  3. G

Best place for first oil change in OC?

Hey, My 2018 GTI is up for its first oil change. Long over due. I am just hitting 4500 miles and had it close to a year. I work pretty close so I don’t put many miles on it. Oil notice light came on weeks ago. So what is the best course of action. Take to the dealership or local jiffy...
  4. G

Oil Change Already?

I got my 2018 GTI in March and just hit 3,000 miles and the car is already telling me it needs an oil change in 25 days. This seems way too soon. Car is barely broken in. I am not one to subscribe to the changing my oil after the break in period or any of that. I think changing it every 12...
  5. G

Weird Paint Appearance

I just noticed the paint right under my doors have this weird appearance. The paint has this rough gravel like look. Its very rough to the touch. hard to explain. Here is a pic. any ideas? is that normal. Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
  6. G

Should I refinance my VW Credit Loan?

I joined the GTI family just a few weeks ago. I got a great deal on a 2018 Autobahn. I was so focused on the price of the car I didn’t negotiate the financing. Got a 2.9% apr for 72 months through VW credit when I purchased the car. That was rate another dealer was offering before they...
  7. G

SCCA Partner Program Discount is membership verified?

Got my hands on a certificate without paying for a membership. Does anyone know if your membership is verified. Going down to the dealership tomorrow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. G

SoCal Dealers Recommendations

Apologies if there is already a thread like this. I haven’t seen one and search function turns up nothing. Which dealers do you guys recommend for purchasing a GTI? I am planning on buying my first GTI an 18 autobahn next weekend. Super excited. I test drove one on two separate occasions...
  9. G

Schedule maintenance by mile or years

Want to get your opinions on schedule maintenance intervals. I am a low mileage driver. For instance my current car is about to hit 15K miles but I already did the 15k service this past Nov when it only had 9.7k miles. My service light went on back in Nov. I haven’t serviced the car yet...
  10. G

Leasing A GTI

Is anyone else thinking of leasing a 2018 GTI. I searched the forum and don’t see a lot of talk about leasing in general. I am thinking of leasing my first GTI. A 2018 SE. Interested in seeing what kind of deals folks got on their lease. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk