GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Anyone running Bilstein B6 shocks with OEM springs?

I have an Alltrack; replaced the suspension with GTI takeoffs, then replaced the rear shocks with B6, then later replaced the rear springs with R springs. I have also used Bilstein HD on many prior cars. Bilsteins are so good - and such a bargain relative to Ohlins etc - that I won't buy a car...
  2. D

Fiesta ST to Mk7 GTI

You could also consider a Jetta GLI; it has better backseat space for families, and still feels like a proper GTI.
  3. D

Adjustable Front Swaybar Endlink - Lowered Car

Make the swaybar perpendicular to the endlinks (right angles). The ticking has to be one of these: strut top nut, endlink lower nut, endlink upper nut. My bet would be the endlink-to-sway connection, as this area has to be crazy tight.
  4. D

Auxillary rally lights? Ideas?

I made some cups I 3D printed out of ABS, and then glued into the lower grill; I got some Toyota truck generic fog lamp housings that slip in from the back and use a yellow LED bulb. I did this project mostly as an homage to older rally cars, but they work pretty well too! Up close it looks...
  5. D

Using R14 ball seat open lug nuts on R13 wheels(Stud Conversion).

You must use R13, don't risk it. I've had good luck finding odd hardware (like R12 ball with 14mm threads to run old Mercedes wheels) at Otis Inc in LA. In fact: https://otisincla.com/product-category/otis-inc-la/lug-nuts/hex-17-lug-nuts/ball-seat-lug-nugs-hex-17/open-end-r13/
  6. D

Don't Think I Want a Tesla

Maybe its time to see what the experts have to say: In August 2012, the NHTSA decided to begin a US$8.75 million study of whether lithium-ion batteries in plug-electric vehicles pose a potential fire hazard. The research looked at whether the high-voltage batteries can cause fires when they...