GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Took my GTI to Home Depot

This past weekend I bought 3 2x4's and also an 8 ft long knot-free pine board. I brought my circular saw with me so I could cut the wood in the parking lot to make it fit, but when I folded the rear seats it all fit in my GTI even though it was 8 feet. I did lay down some old clothes to protect...
  2. S

How do you keep the inside of your windshield from fogging up?

I've always had this problem in the winter, but the problem is worse in my GTI than any previous car. It's gotten to the point where when I get in the car, I have to turn on the windshield defroster and let it run for a few minutes before I can drive. Very annoying. And even with the defroster...
  3. S

$28 for an oil filter?

So Canadian VW dealers now charge $28 for an oil filter for a mk7 GTI. That's twice as much as it cost last time I bought a filter from them, half a year ago. Apparently the filter was redesigned this year to handle a new type of oil or something, and that necessitates the higher price according...
  4. S

Where to get rims in Ontario?

Anyone know where in Ontario I can get some winter rims for my 2015 GTI? Already got the winter tires and they're 18" so the rims need to be 18" too. Can you even get steelies in that size? I don't care too much about looks, just want them cheap.
  5. S

Anyone sleep in their Golf?

I'm planning to drive across canada and was thinking of sleeping in my car in order to save money on motel costs. Anyone done that? I was thinking of just folding down the rear seats and getting in a sleeping bag but I'm not sure how comfortable that would be all night.
  6. S

Non-PP GTI brake caliper torque specs

I can't find this info for my 2015 GTI with the non-PP brakes. Can someone tell me the torque specs of the front brake caliper bolts? (the bolts the arrows are pointing to in my attachment) And although I don't need them yet, may as well tell me the torque specs of the caliper carrier bolts...
  7. S

Questions about brake pad change on GTI

I'll soon need to replace the pads on my 2015 GTI (without the performance package). I have done brake jobs before but only on Hondas, so I just wanted to clear up some things about the GTI. First, the rear calipers require a special tool that can spin and push the piston at the same time...
  8. S

Windshield washer spray very weak, requiring multiple pulls of lever

During a long highway drive in very heavy snow a few days ago, I used my windshield washer for the first time, and noticed the following: -the first pull of the windshield lever results in no spray at all -the second pull resulted in only the tiniest amount of spray on the windshield, not...
  9. S

How do I get updated Canadian maps on a 2015 GTI?

How do I get the latest map update for the gps on my 2015 GTI? The dealer told me to go to http://vw.navigation.com but when I go there and select the 2015 GTI, it says to contact the dealer. I'm assuming the dealer will charge a large fee to update it so I was hoping there was an update I...
  10. S

Can anyone recommend a seat cover?

I have a 2015 GTI with the plaid cloth seats and sometimes I have to drive in dirty clothes so I am looking for a seat cover. Not looking for anything perfect, just something cheap. I bought a universal fit one at Canadian Tire but the fit was really bad (due to the big side supports in the...
  11. S

Noise when opening/closing doors?

Hello I just bought a 2015 GTI and the car makes a noise whenever I open or close a door. The noise sounds like it's coming from the engine. This happens with any door, even the tailgate. Also it will make the noise again a second time after about 30 seconds even if I don't touch the door again...