GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

2018 Golf R - Stage II 6MT - includes Wavetrac diff

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/rudyh-build-thread.8950545/ Full build is above, $27,500 CDN (~$20,400 USD) - otherwise dealer takes it February 20th. I am original owner, ask me anything including every invoice from day 1 112,000 km or 70,000 miles Reason for selling, broken right wrist (I...
  2. R

Garage Sale! A few items obo + shipping

Stock intercooler - includes intercooler pipe that was replaced by aftermarket intercooler Stock rear sway bar - includes brackets and bushings Stock shocks & struts - unsure which front was blown, take the whole lot if you like MSS Adjustable Springs /w street 205 front and sport rears...
  3. R

weird mirror adjustment issue

The issue started where my right blind spot warning indicator stopped working properly. To troubleshoot, I took it to the dealer and they ran diagnostics. They found that the issue was that the LED burnt out, and offered to put in a new one (at a cost of course). I decided to skip and bought...
  4. R

MSS Adjustable Springs /w street 205 front and sport rears

Asking $400 US + buyer pays shipping with the lower collars on OEM struts For the Golf R, the new tracks are still available, so you can see the significant discount to the new owner. https://xlr8performance.com/mss-track-fully-adjustable-kit-for-vw-golf-mk7-and-mk8-gti-gtd-tdi-r-03cvwg7g8/...
  5. R

actual Eibach Pro-Kit lowering height

Just want real world feedback from owners as to what their drop is at the end of the day. Bonus marks if you are running the Eibach's (E10-85-041-01-22) with the Bilstein B6's, and can provide feed back on driving impressions too. All I have already read are positive. Eibach US site says : 0.2"...
  6. R

MSS Spring + Spacers

This has definitely turned into a frustrating situation. Quick background, for all my cars I go with Eibach or H&R springs, and mod from there. Always enjoyed my set-up and most importantly no hassles! With the Golf R, I thought I would try something different and went with a set of MSS Springs...
  7. R

Passenger side lowering lean

Edit : I think just going to wipe this, start with the corner balance, ensure the strut on the driver side is set and see where I am at after
  8. R

DCC Slider Mod

I am not meaning to hijack anyone's work, just trying to bring the posts together so others can benefit from the lessons learned. I figure it would be worth getting the information into one thread, and maybe @Cuzoe or @Chillout , it would be awesome if you can help to put the information here...
  9. R

B4 vs B6 Bilstein (Damptronic)

I was about to pull the trigger on the B6's as I am able to get 30% off right now which I am pretty excited for. However, from reading posts, is it what I want? I want to maintain Damptronic, as I do some highway and like the comfort of Normal mode, even Eco / Comfort at times when I am locked...
  10. R

FS 17.5mm ECS Spacers

gone
  11. R

2-piece rotor / pad combos

just looking for some suggestions on brakes. I was looking to get my big turbo upgrade done this summer, however after a visit to the shop while getting some new rubber on my summer wheels, while they were installing, they looked at my brakes and, well it has been 4 years...brakes first!! I...
  12. R

car part out site

anyone know any good car part out sites? Reason I ask, let's say I want to find a set of RS3 Supersport seats, the only place I can seem to find them is from the UK and odd spots around Europe on ebay or gumtree for example. I can't imagine nothing like this happens in North America. I know...
  13. R

perfect 'garage mate' for the R

So we keep flip flopping with my wife on what to replace her Subaru with. The list is maybe considered 'upgrades' to the R, but I might be missing something in that $30-50k mark completely, so open to that. Since we agreed that the R is sticking around, we thought we would look at filling in...
  14. R

Lader LM5xxx hybrid turbo

https://kolbenkraft-tuning.com/product/golf-8-r-turbo-upgrade-lm5xx-8r-clubsport-audi-s3-8y-turbolader/ This is a hybrid of the MK8 R's turbo, who is going first? Found it on another forum, will be interesting if we can swap GTI option too...
  15. R

pre-load on rear sway bar

Will try to keep this short, but originally bought an EMD sway bar /w springs combo. Immediately on receiving I installed the sway bar, and with stock height and end links, felt fantastic. Installed the springs, and things obviously started felt a bit sloppy, but a fun sloppy in the corners...
  16. R

damaged flex in downpipe

I have a 42DD downpipe (304 stainless steel and v-bands), picture is below. The last bit I started hearing what at first I thought was some exhaust chatter. Spent a bit of time checking, and I am 99% sure it's coming from the flex pipe but I can't quite see exactly where since it's in that...
  17. R

powder coated bronze Pret's on a black Golf

Curious if anyone has any floating around? Seen a few bronze on black with aftermarket wheels, and I think this is what I want. Curious if anyone has done it with a powder coating of the Pret's? Is this a good idea or will I be in for a whole lot of regret down the road? Reason being, I had a...
  18. R

UM haldex tune - how to verify?

So I had my car into the shop for a new condenser installed by VW. When the car came back it seemed odd, something changed besides the AC condenser. One thing that was pretty obvious was the power seemed lacking - like there was power but not Stage 2 power levels. I flashed the car and suddenly...
  19. R

AC Leak investigation

warranty is expiring in November, and of course back in July I lost AC. So quick run down, was on a roadtrip with my family and noticed it end of July. However, after parking the car it seemed to come back, mind you it was later at night and not has humid as earlier in the day. Didn't really...
  20. R

2022 Audi RS3

Just thought I would post, seeing who might be jumping ship in the next few years to the next logical step up if sticking with a 'compact'? I think other cars on the short lists are probably along the lines of M2? Not sure what else without getting into something bigger nowadays I miss my...