GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Quiet Tire recommendation for 2016 Golf TSI SE

On my 2017 Golf TSI the Conti DWS 06 tires wore out in about 28,000 miles, I switched to Michelin CrossClimate 2 and have been very happy, though I only have about 9,000 miles on them and thus can’t speak to longevity.
  2. S

Sudden loss of power, rough idle. Restarted and all is fine....

So your EPC light never came on? Twice now I’ve been driving up a long grade at 50-60 mph and the EPC light has turned on and the engine went into limp mode. When I turned off the engine and restarted it there was no EPC light and the engine ran normally. I’m going to have the VW dealer check it...
  3. S

Just bought a 2017 golf tsi

He’s talking about the Sport mode of the transmission; as noted, there is no Sport mode for the ECU.
  4. S

I got the older version of this 256 GB SanDisk model, lots of room for my iTunes library: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-256GB-Extreme-UHS-I-SDSDXV5-256G-GNCIN/dp/B07H4BPZZG/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
  5. S

Thinking about trading 2017 Civic Si for new GTI

I hope you folks also know that the cargo cover can be hung vertically behind the front seats via the plastic hooks on the B pillars. Not useful when you have rear seat passengers, but very helpful when you lots of cargo in the hatch and don’t want to unload the hatch area in order to store the...
  6. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Right front tire is mounted backwards.
  7. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Without coverage there is a gap between the dead pedal and the liner, and that’s where lots of crud can sneak through and get underneath the liner.
  8. S

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

S mode is lots of fun...until you see the crap gas mileage you get.
  9. S

The DSG and the TipTronic torque converter automatic like to upshift very early for fuel economy, both will induce situations where the engine is struggling well under 1500 rpm, you can hear (and sometimes feel) the change in engine note and vibes. It is, in my opinion, a significant flaw in the...
  10. S

FYI, when you move them to the service position to clean your windshield, make sure to clean that area they moved to after you move the wipers back in their standard position. The blades will probably have left two thin strips of dirt running vertically on the windshield.
  11. S

Coolant temp reaches 200 degrees very quickly, but that doesn't mean the car is ready to be pushed. Opinions vary, but people generally look for oil temp to be 185 degrees or more before they start romping on the throttle. I wait until 200 degrees but I have no empirical evidence that shows that...