GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. demi9od

Which cat back exhausts accentuate “dsg farts”

Not a MagnaFlow 12646 Resonator swap on stock muffler. This guy eats all my farts and doesn't even say thankyou.
  2. demi9od

Any problems with state inspection on EQT Stage 1 tune?

I had one not ready but my county allows one, so it passed just fine on stage 2 with a DP.
  3. demi9od

APR Pendulum Mount & Dogbone Insert

I love the Roc-Euro pendulum with an IE insert. Quiet, low NVH, stiff. But I would not launch on it with slicks. All that shock is going to go in to the middle bolt and crack the transmission case or bend the bolt. I'd switch back to the stock pendulum or go with APR. IMO the Roc-Euro arm...
  4. demi9od

Anyone in NC with obdeleven?

The original OBD11 only works with Android. OBD11 Next Gen works with iOS. https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-year/volkswagen/gti/mk7-2015-present/tools.html
  5. demi9od

Anyone in NC with obdeleven?

Cary, with an extra OBD11 if you want it since my GF put it in her purse and forgot for 6 months.
  6. demi9od

Going back to stock suspension

Yeah and I'm not going to bother sourcing them unless they are near me and nearly free. I was fine with the stock springs once an aftermarket rear sway bar and end links were installed.
  7. demi9od

I run 235/45R17 already. I got over the rougher ride after a week or two, it's really only the lower clearance that bothers me. I run the Koni fronts at one full turn and the rears at .75 from soft. Regardless, we're only adjusting the rebound damping and no setting will change the speed or...
  8. demi9od

I've been running Euro Eibachs + Koni Yellows for a couple years now and honestly, I am just sick of pussy footing it over dips and bumps. Pulling in to parking lots with big drainage dips, driving up steep driveways, hell a couple weeks ago I had to buy 4 bags of gravel just to park at an...
  9. demi9od

Recommend me an inexpensive intake for turbo noise

I've had the AFE Intake (51-12672) on my wish list for a while. The metal pipe plus running it open would make some nice turbo noises, and you could put a lid on it in the summer to keep temps down, open the lid up when it cools off for the sweet wooshes and possibly a little better MPG when...
  10. demi9od

Indy Shops in Raleigh NC

Euro Solutions in Cary. Mike is awesome, did my Intercooler and Spring/Shock installs for really reasonable prices.
  11. demi9od

2019 Rabbit Strut/Shock Options 1” Drop?

Would you say they are closer to linear rate than the US Eibach Pro Kit, which have varying diameter and varying coil spacing (not sure what this is technically called when the coils are closer vertically at the bottom)?
  12. demi9od

Hankook Ventus stockers

Just switched Sunday night since it was going below 30f for the first time this year. Forgot how bad the traction was on these things after running PS4S since March of last year. These things are chirping everywhere with throttle input that wouldn't phase the Michelins, even in 35f dry...
  13. demi9od

stealth exhaust with downpipe?

And yeah under load might be a different story. I kind of forget what stock sounds like as well. I do know the mid-pipe stock res replacement was a huge difference in normal driving volume.
  14. demi9od

It's going to be hard to compare it to stock in the cabin since the motor mounts increase cabin volume but I'll get something for you. I have a cold start somewhere, maybe on my old phone. Ah, here it is. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1ES7zD6Isjxy2ftEYl4TIN1LbnrIlMr/view?usp=sharing
  15. demi9od

Cat in the stock position (by the turbo), Magnaflow 12646 in place of the stock resonator, and stock axle back muffler is very quiet. I honestly believe that the exhaust is as quiet as stock, and the only perceived loudness increase I experience is cabin noise due to stiffer motor mounts. The...
  16. demi9od

Engine Closer to Radiator

It's fine to do this job on ramps or with front jack stands only. The engine will rotate less forward the higher the front of the car is, making it easier to pull it back in to position and put the bolt through all the right holes.
  17. demi9od

Launch control question

If you are WOT with ESC off and no torque limits, you shouldn't get wheel hop in first. If you are tuned, you shouldn't get wheel hop in second. Both these gears just straight spin your tires to red line. Hop occurs when you've lost traction then re-gain traction. So yeah, peddling it to...
  18. demi9od

Direct Acceleration tweak via Vag-com.

The second post on the first Vortex thread reflects what I and many others experience when set to Direct. The throttle range is reduced and it hits 100% throttle before the pedal is 100% down. This was extremely obvious when I was running a JB4 and the stock ECU tune. It was also extremely...
  19. demi9od

COBB DSG tune

It's been great Ed. If I had one single change to make it would be the sensitivity of throttle affecting the shift point of 1st to 2nd. Feels like by the time you give it enough gas to get rolling it takes off a little more than expected. It's difficult to get that 2.1k shift point in first...
  20. demi9od

Eurodyne Updates

It took years to get DSG revisions from Tapp and there may never be updates. Cobb seems like an easy choice for DSG now. I've just transitioned from ED after having used it for two years.