GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Tico63

MK7 GTI S - 74k Miles Review

Hey all, I just wanted to do a write up on my overall experience with my car having owned it for over 2 years. I've driven the car quite a lot and the miles have really racked up. So hopefully someone finds this useful for any future purchases. I have been APR stage 2 for over 50k miles, the...
  2. Tico63

Mk7 Gti Gasoline Leak Problem

Hi everyone, I’m reaching out in case anyone might have insight on this particular problem. My car has 69,000 miles and has been perfect without any issues until now. At first, I was having issues at the gas pump because the car would not take any gas. It would just start fueling and at like...
  3. Tico63

Thoughts on 19" OZ Wheels

I'm creating this thread for anyone considering purchasing or upsizing to 19" wheels. I've been using 18" Ultraleggera OZ wheels for the past 2 years. They have been amazing. Durable, lightweight, and beautiful. Unfortunately, one of my wheels was damaged beyond repair and it would have meant a...
  4. Tico63

Mk7 Gti Stage 2 vs 235i Stage 2 E30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JOaVKpzMc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDTikdcgvAM Raced a 235i Stage 2. The guy was running E30 and claiming 400whp. Seems a little bit high but I'm not educated enough on his car to question it. We did 2 pulls at a 40 roll. His car was manual and my car...
  5. Tico63

Mk7 gti apr s2 vs 7R apr s2

Hey everyone, Wanted to share my experience test driving the new facelifted R for the first time. A friend of mine recently tuned his R and immediately went APR Stage 2. I test drove it and the drive felt very numb. Immediately when driving the car I can tell how heavy it is compared to the...
  6. Tico63

MK7 GTI vs Audi S3

Finally have a video lol :) not the best video but it's better than nothing. Chatted with the guy afterwards. Seems like a cool dude. My experience with Audi drivers has not always been the case. 3 honks on a 40 roll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHMhjel26W4
  7. Tico63

APR Stage 2 vs Audi S5

Cool short story I know. I saw a clean black S5 riding my bumper in a little bit of traffic. Then I let him pass and got on his bumper. I hear him go full throttle because of his exhaust, I proceeded to go WOT as well, within 3-4 seconds I had to hit the brakes because of how quickly I reeled...
  8. Tico63

GTI 30k Mile Review

Hi everyone, Posting this to feed anyone's curiosity and well for fun too :) I've owned my GTI for about a year and put 30k miles (commute a lot). I'm pleased to say I've had 0 issues with the car. I have done regular oil changes every 8k miles. Truthfully, the first 25k miles I beat the car...
  9. Tico63

APR Stage II vs Audi S4 (fail)

So I live in Weston, Florida and there is this massive tool S4 driver always driving like a maniac trying to get his rocks off scaring Honda Civics. So I'm behind him and I pass him no problem as he lets off the gas immediately and we get to the light. At the light he's revving his engine ready...
  10. Tico63

List of Wins & Losses

Hey everyone, I've made a list of all the cars I've beat & lost to. All of these races were done on straight away roads with no other cars around. I don't have videos :( but I figured I'd share with anyone to spark their curiosity about how your car might stack up. There was a variety of...
  11. Tico63

Finally decided to go Stage 2

I’ve currently been set up with the APR stage 1 tune for several months now. I’ve always justified not going stage 2 for the value not being there compared to stage 1. Has anyone else felt this way? I mean for me after 26k miles of owning this car I feel like I’m missing out on the enjoyment of...
  12. Tico63

BOV yay or nay

My BOV seems to serve no purpose and others have reported loss of boost. I personally find the sound after a hard pull very rewarding. Once I had it installed the turbo flutter (stutututuu) became a lot more noticeable. When I shift, it’s a mix between a BOV hiss, DSG burp/pop, and the turbo...
  13. Tico63

Your opinion of Mud Guards

For some reason mud guards are frowned upon and usually received with Subaru comments. Pretty pointless thread but if you guys have pictures or want to share your experience with them. I’m considering buying some because of the dirt build up and I don’t think they look ugly.
  14. Tico63

Impressed by the 2017 Honda Si 2 door

A couple of nights ago I raced a 2017 2 door Honda Si. I was very impressed. We started at like 60 and I pulled immediately but he stayed with me until 120. The random guy wanted to go again, I was not interested, he then took off and flashed his hazards. Immediately dropped into 3rd and caught...
  15. Tico63

Painfully Awkward Moment With Another Mk7 owner

Hopefully you guys don’t roast me for bashing a member of the community but this was so awkward. I’m on the highway at night and I see this gti speeding like crazy, I’m cruising at 65mph. I then notice he slows down and is riding side by side. I can’t see into his car due to tints. I lower mine...
  16. Tico63

Apr Tuned Confused about Whp

Hey guys, I just watched a video on youtube of a guy claiming 319whp for just an APR Tune. My initial thought was those numbers were clearly to the crank. He even showboats because he had so many doubters. I'll leave a link to the video. Anyone have their own personal dyno numbers whp to...
  17. Tico63

Mk7 Gti Apr Stage I vs Subaru Wrx Cobb Tuned

I was driving last night and could hear from a mile up ahead a loud exhaust which sounded surprisingly soothing. I drove a little spirited to catch up to see what car it was. I was right behind a black Subaru wrx with a single exit exhaust and when approaching the light he was downshifting and...
  18. Tico63

Fantastic Experience With Deutsche Auto Parts

UPDATE! Deutsche Auto Parts provides excellent customer service. They make it their #1 priority to resolve any issues regarding their products. The customer is always right! If there any legitimate disputes, they will happily compensate or reimburse you! Please purchase through their website...
  19. Tico63

GTI vs R

Hey all, APR tuned vs unknown mods on a clean R. The guy couldn't believe I was only Stage 1, he thought at least stage 2 or is38. SORRY for the poor angles on the video, but I figured it was better than nothing :) Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42P3jYeir8&feature=youtu.be
  20. Tico63

Finally did it!!!

So excited. Finally decided to lower my car and upgrade my headlights. Worth every single penny. Probably not the car enthusiast thing to say but I guess I'm more of a cosmetics guy because I was not as excited as when I went Stage I compared to this. The car just looks so complete now. List of...