GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. J

P00AF code on an IS20 swapped Alltrack

Yesterday while just cruising on the highway, my car suddenly went into limp mode. The code thats been getting thrown is the P00AF code, which from everything I'm seeing points to the wastegate actuator. Since I just did the turbo swap a couple weeks ago, I checked the actuator voltage (which...
  2. J

More diluted coolant and stupid cold temperatures

So with the ridiculous cold in my area tomorrow (-15F high, -28F low) I'm wondering how concerned I should be about my coolant. If the mix is 5050 I know I would be totally fine. However, when doing my turbo swap, I believe I needed to add about 2 quarts of distilled water. Based on the 10.5...
  3. J

Diy snow plow

Well shortly after buying a new house with a 1/4 mile worth of driveway, we are already getting a pretty large amount of snow. I could have called a snow removal company, but I chose the responsible option of making a hill billy plow from scrap wood. Built it to hold a couple cinder blocks for...
  4. J

Warranty service dispute

Asking this here because people here seem to be way more knowledgeable than gm forums. My wife came home the other day and says her car (Buick encore) is running funny. I check it out, and it's getting misfires on cylinder 1. We bought her car certified pre owned, so her powertrain goes out...
  5. J

Is the new facelift + warranty worth it

6MT Alltrack owner and with the 2018's finally coming out, and doing the new 6-72 bumper to bumper warranty, I've been debating if its worth upgrading. If I had known that the 2018 would get such a better warranty, I likely would have just waited another year to get a new car. Some points to...
  6. J

IS38 APR tune?

Spotted this over at vw vortex today. "We are wrapping up testing on the new 2017 DSG sportwagen / Alltrack to support this turbo, and the smaller GTI turbo. Options: Stock IS12 (Golf turbo) Tune Stock IS12 (Golf turbo) + Downpipe tune Stock IS20 (GTI turbo) Tune Stock IS20 (GTI turbo) +...
  7. J

One month of the 6MT Golf Alltrack

Its been about a month since I bought my 6MT Golf Alltrack S, and I think its time I share some of the things I've learned for those interested. First, quick background as to why. Surprised myself a bit with the choice, mid 20's and owned a mk6 gti before someone t-boned me killing the poor...