GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

New DMF, Clutch & TOB - Whining noise while pressing or depressing clutch pedal

Hi all, Yesterday I had a new DMF, Sachs 4 puck clutch and throw out bearing installed on my 2016 GTI. Also installed an iAbed RMS at the same time and did an oil change for the transmission, and new break oil for the breaks/clutch system I sourced all the parts and brought them to the shop for...
  2. D

Infotainment Can Bus sniffing

Has anyone sniffed the infotainment can bus lines with an MIB2? i want to try pick up any frames that would indicate if the MIB is on or off. reason I ask is I have an aftermarket DSP that turns on when the MIB speaker out put is active (and I hate it, it false positives all the time). if you...
  3. D

APR Dogbone Insert - rough vibrations at idle

Yesterday I had a few things done to my '16 GTI: 1. Sachs SRE 2. APR Intercooler 3. APR dogbone insert Car runs well, no strange noises so far (done about 200km's since yesterday) and I am very happy with the outcome. My only issue - rough vibrations on idle/idle with AC on from the dogbone...
  4. D

Sachs SRE "Racing" clutch

Hi all, Been up and down Google and the MK7 forum the past few days trying to find more info on the SRE Racing clutch. This unit will hold almost twice as much torque as the daily version of the SRE I've found a local parts shop here in Israel that has the "Racing" version of the SRE in...
  5. D

Another Coilover thread - KW vs BC

Current setup: Stock shocks with VWR springs 17” Brooklyn Driving: spirited in town/freeway. Reason for looking into coilovers is for more control over height, better handling (less body roll), stiffer ride. Options are KW V1s or BC’s. Ive read good reviews on both products here but leaning...
  6. D

Swapping USB port

Hi all, I ordered an Apple car play USB port as mine came with an F model that does not support Apple devices. I know where to do the coding but what I can't seem to find is how to remove the cubby from the center console. Is there a service guide or video out there? Cheers
  7. D

HID's stuck on when turning car off/locking

I recently fitted a set of RFB (link) replica headlights with an HID kit sourced locally. All works well and I did do some coding to get the DRLs to stay on at a lower brightness when the low beams are on. I parked the car last night (light switch is set to On), turned the ignition off and...
  8. D

Turbo inlet/PCV pipe covered in oil

As title states, the turbo inlet pipe and the PCV inlet pipe are covered in oil externally.I have not inspected the inside yet. 2016 GTI, car has 10,000km on the clock and was serviced about 1500 km's ago at VW. I have a friend that works for the local VW tech department and just from looking...
  9. D

Sway bar bushing upgrade on a GTI

Hello boys & gents, Got myself a new GTi last summer and I've been enjoying it every day. I upgraded to a set of VWR springs a couple of months ago as I was looking for a lower look and slightly better handling - I got what I wanted. After getting used to slightly less body roll and a tad...
  10. D

2016 GTI Uneven ride height

Hi folks, Quick question here.. I recently installed VWR spring on my 2016 GTI 6MT and got my wheels aligned about two weeks after installed. Yesterday I was parked on a flat surface and noticed that the right side of the car sits just slightly higher than the left side - measured about 5 mm...
  11. D

MK7 GTI aftermarket headlights

Hi folks, This is my first post here :) I purchased a bog standard manual MK7 GTI end of summer from the local VW dealer in my hometown. As I had just sold my MK2 Seat Leon a day before the purchase - I could not afford to wait 3 months for a custom build. I opted for a light metallic silver 5...