GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

VW Platinum Extended Warranty 60mo. / 60k - what should I pay?

My 2017 is coming up on the end of its 36/36 in January, and I am not quite ready to sell - probably looking to keep another 12ish months. I am looking at a 60/60 policy to extend by 2years since I can always transfer it when I sell. I have been able to get one dealer from $2265 to $1800. Is...
  2. D

Strut Mount Replacement

Hey Everyone - Dealer is replacing strut mounts under warranty for me due to suspension groaning/creaking. Will the car require an alignment? is this something the dealer will do per the replacement "instructions"? Any input is welcome. Always get nervous when they have to take the car apart...
  3. D

Cleaning Steering Wheel

Car was just in for service and of course dirty tech hands prompted by search for a good cleaner for the steering wheel. Ideally looking for something simple and easy to spray on a microfiber, and help the longevity of the leather... don’t want to dry it out. Is it acceptable to use just...
  4. D

Noise at 3k RPM

Hey guys - Just noticed this today, but anytime I pass through 3k RPM (up or down) I get a strange sound coming from what seems like the engine bay. Pretty quiet (heard with music off), but sounds like some rubbing maybe... really hard to describe. FWIW, my soundaktor is disabled, so wouldn't...
  5. D

ACC Cover Popping Off

Anyone run into the issue that the ACC cover will frequently tilt forward instead of being flush with the sensor? I’ll randomly get out and notice it... just push it back in place but it’s annoying nonetheless Any solutions to stop this? -Ben Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. D

Touch Up Paint - Stone Chips

Discovered a pea sized chip in the rear quarter panel behind the door today after hearing a rock hit the car (it was quite loud) yesterday on the highway... always ruins the mood to find stuff like this. Any recommendations on touch up paint for deep black pearl? Is the VW stuff alright...
  7. D

License Plate Screw Holes

Hey guys, I’m going to have a temp plate (paper in back window) for about a month until my new vanity plate arrives. Is there any worry with leaving the holes in the bumper exposed, especially given Michigan winter weather? Given it’s plastic my guess would be it’s fine, but would appreciate...
  8. D

Exhaust Valves Always Open

Since Monday, the exhaust valves on my R have always been open regardless of D/S modes, etc... haven’t done any modifications so should operate normally. Do they stay open in very cold weather? Been in the 10-15F range in the Midwest lately. No codes, and dealer said was operating as normal...
  9. D

Car scraping underneath, not front bumper

Good morning folks, My work has closed one of our entrances for construction and I am stuck using one with a steep incline... Oddly enough I can get the bumper by just fine by going at a good angle, but it seems the car pivots while cresting over the top and something scrapes on the underbody...
  10. D

Bodyshop for warranty repairs?

Dropped of my car for some maintenance issues and the clicking noise coming from the drivers side door check strap (supposedly common problem)... dealer told me they couldn't fix it on their end and would need to give the car to the local VW approved bodyshop to take care of it... I've never...
  11. D

VW approved tuning

Just spoke with my dealer for service, and my rep mentioned that VW approved some "stage 1" items that may be coming? Has anyone heard anything about this? Im quite skeptical, but would love some VW performance parts!
  12. D

Grand Rapids Area Dealership for Service

Hey Guys, Looking to take my '17 R in for some service and need a recommendation on a dealership... Anyone have experience with Betten Imports or Gezon VW? Thanks!
  13. D

Piano black trim polish

Hey guys, Been googling about this but haven't found anything definitive. What can I use to remove the spiderweb like superficial scratching on the trim? Also any tips on cleaning it with more than just a microfiber? I've got some smudges... Any help is appreciated, thanks!! Ben Sent...
  14. D

Resonator Delete Warranty Implications

Hey guys! My question is pretty much as the title states. Anyone have any insight on warranty with the S3 resonator delete? My dealer was giving me crap when I asked about it saying that it would cause recall problems, they could void warranty on the whole powertrain, etc. Id love to get some...
  15. D

Rear passenger wheel lift off?

Just went up a somewhat steeper driveway (slowly of course) and had my rear right wheel lift off the ground... I've had it scrape underneath (not front bumper edge) due to clearance before but never wheel lift off. anyone ever experience this? Can this be damaging to the car? Sent from my...
  16. D

Golf R Mileage Thread

Haven't seen one of these... how much do you guys drive your R? I've had mine for just over 2 months with 2100 miles on it now! Any high mileage commuters in the group? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. D

Is this normal on the steering wheel?

Just noticed this on my steering wheel while driving to work. Looks like the back piece of leather is elevated and the point where the two are stitched together is very evident... is this something I should take up with the dealer? Car is just over a month old. How does it compare to others'...