GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

New Pads/Rotors at 56K

I consider this mileage on a set of brakes to be pretty good considering the performance they give
  2. T

Brighter Fog Light bulbs?

Are the OE bulbs halogen or LED? If halogen, can someone suggest a nice and bright LED alternative that fits in the OE sockets?
  3. T

2017 SE PP: 17" fit wheels okay?

Hi everyone, I really like this car so want to upgrade a little 1. New wheel and (all season) tire package, in 17's for a taller sidewall. I believe 17's will fit over the brakes but just want to make sure with you guys. Also, if you have any pics of yours on 17's would love to see them. My...
  4. T

2017 SE & Dealer Quote for Brakes and Tires

I'm at 56k on the original pads, rotors and fluid so after a Dr appointment I stopped at the dealer to get some numbers. Dealership was right across the street so it was easy enough. 1. The Service Advisor told me they will not replace just the pads. I asked "If rotors are within specs and...
  5. T

Liking any other VW Models?

My '17 SE is now paid off. 55K miles and lots of life left. Still love the car now as much on DAY ONE, but been thinking about something new. Would consider a new GTI or even an R but not sure Im liking the looks of the next generation. Had three GTI's since '92 and liked the looks of all of...
  6. T

2017 SE and Sourcing a New Windshield - 5 Tries and No Luck!

Car is a 2017 SE 6MT with sunroof and rain sensing wipers One morning in late 2017 a pebble chipped the windshield and by the end of the day there was a crack half way across. Attempt #1. A week later, I schedule with Safelite. They arrive, take a few measurements and say its the wrong...
  7. T

17" wheels fit with performance package?

My 2017 SE has the big brake calipers (the red ones) and 18" wheels. Wondering if the calipers will still clear with 17" alu or steel wheels I want to put quieter running all seasons on it
  8. T

50K Mile Check In

The car has been flawless and liking it more every day. It is still bone stock and, knock on wood, nothing has gone wrong with it at all. 10k oil changes and 87 fuel
  9. T

Front Wheel Bearings @45K - How much $ at dealer?

I can feel/hear that my '17 GTI is going to need front wheel bearings soon. I believe its both of them. Its not the brakes. This same thing has happened to ALL my VW's in past, but much sooner, before 25K hit. So I guess quality has improved a bit over the years:D Is this item covered under...
  10. T

40K check-in of a 2017 SE

So far the Car has been good. Only been to dealer once (at 10K). DIY oil changes are so easy so I'd rather spend my own money and time in my garage instead of their waiting room. Needed tires at 36K Brakes still good Surprisingly, the air filter still looks like brand new Sunshade...
  11. T

Passenger overhead lights staying on

while car is on Checked all buttons and they are in the off position. What am I missing?
  12. T

Post oil change oil color: Dealer vs DIY

. In a post a while back I questioned whether or not the dealer actually changed the oil when the car was borught in for the free scheduled maintenance. The invoice said they changed it. I changed my oil myself on Friday night and wanted to post some pics to get your opinions. #1 is the oil...
  13. T

Oil level & quality after Dealer service

Had the car in for the leaky sunroof fix, tire rotation and an oil change. Checked the oil 3 days later and to my surprise it goes past the twist. Car had been sitting for 4 hours and its on a level surface. Mind you, before I brought it in the level was right at the top of the hash marks...
  14. T

'17 SE's Visor has sprung a leak WTH

So it rained like hell yesterday. Didn't notice any issue until this afternoon when I approached the car after work and the windows were all fogged up. And a few drops of water on the p-side seat. I looked up and opened the sunroof visor to feel for water around the perimeter. Bone dry...
  15. T

'17 SE Windshield Replacement - Update

This is an update to my other thread that's buried back a few pages. ...So I scheduled Safelite to come out last Thursday to replace the windshield in my work parking lot. The Tech arrives and calls me so I come down with the keys. He's already got the glass on a stand next to the car. I...
  16. T

Cracked windshield on '17 SE

Well this morning on the way to work a pebble hit the windshield HARD. It had that distinct tink sound. Could not see any chip so thought I got lucky. End of the day, get in car, and there's an 8" crack just above and parallel to the d-side wiper staring me in the face :mad: My insurance co...
  17. T

'17 SE 6mt 13,000 mile report

This car is fantastic, the best I've ever owned. It keeps getting better and better. Eats up the highway, cruises 80MPH like nothing and gets 33.7mpg doing it Tons of fun on the daily back road commute no squeaks or rattles Seat was a little tight at the start but now fits like a glove...