GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

New MK 7.5 2021 GTI Owner (Cornflower Blue)

Be careful with your right foot. Stealthy this color is not
  2. T

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Installed the Boomba shift plate and knob today. The plate made a huge difference I almost left the knob in the box, but its 'pretty good too. Didn't drop it down as low as it can go because that seemed too low for me. So now that all the work is done (tires, wheels, rotors/pads, br fluid...
  3. T

About to be MK7 GTI Owner in a couple hours

My sunroof was a leaker early on but its been fine since the dealer visit so they must know what causes it and how to fix it properly.
  4. T

Almost went to the stock setup but couldn't get myself to drill new holes in the bumper. The plate is taking a beating hanging out there. Have heard some talk about this state doing away with front plates to save $. Cant wait.
  5. T

Wanted a centercap that says "VW" instead of "S" so ordered this NOS decal set. They are not ideal and if anyone knows of anything in the proper 49MM dia plz LMK. Could not find anything closer than this.
  6. T

Removed snow screen, installed Powerline filter, modified intake inlet, and installed scoop/screen.
  7. T

Waiting on parts for other projects but the Lamin-X came in
  8. T

What was involved with installing the splitter? Did it just use existing holes? First, you attach the end pieces to the middle piece with 4 screws. Then you line up the assembled piece to the bottom part of the car at the arrowed points and then drive 10 screws in from underneath. There are...
  9. T

Added a couple of body parts ECS extension. The fit is pretty good, though its a little tricky to install because of all the double-sided tape that grabs early before its into position. Something about this cheap ($65) splitter on ebay caught my eye. Fit is great and it's super easy to...
  10. T

The triangular piece is the resonator. Its a big, heavy mama The exhaust is a Beluga and it fits well. The added hanger they supply is a nice touch, and adds one more than the stock setup. The tubes/welds seem to be of good quality but the clamps are a bit lacking though. The stock exhaust...
  11. T

New cat-back installed today Corrosion on the clamp in between the downpipe and resonator made normal removal impossible so out came the sawzall. Cut the rest too, no turning back now Just before tightening all the clamps Finished up late so will start it up tomorrow. I hope there...
  12. T

New Pads/Rotors at 56K

EBC Reds Its genuine VW/Audi fluid, I think it's the light doing that Thank you!
  13. T

New Pads/Rotors at 56K

Finished the rears up this morning. Used a Harbor Freight piston retractor and it worked great. Also flushed all the lines. The Graphite Silver Assetta's arrived much lighter than as shown on Tire Rack and also had a bluish hue that was IMO clashing with Carbon Steel so dipped them...
  14. T

New Pads/Rotors at 56K

I consider this mileage on a set of brakes to be pretty good considering the performance they give
  15. T

Oil low warning. Do Mk7’s burn oil?

Should be checking the oil much more often. .
  16. T

Hello, Do you recall what satin bronze paint you used on your wheels? It looks fantastic.

Hello, Do you recall what satin bronze paint you used on your wheels? It looks fantastic.
  17. T

Jacking up the car

Why cant VW put a pinch weld right in the middle of the chassis? Not a fan of jacking up the front to lift the rear. Jack up the middle, install your stands F&R, and leave the jack where it is with a little tension on it for backup.
  18. T

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

#1 and #2 were installed but upon opening #3 I noticed the wheel weights were stuck to the inside of the cardboard liner and there are some small paint chips inside the wheel :(. I emailed tire rack and asked them when I can take it to their nearest partner for re-balancing.