GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. W

Selling car, remove APR tune?

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do a private sale. I'll either be trading it in, or working with some other dealer to offload the car. The most compelling reason mentioned to detune it first is that the new owner won't know to use high octane fuel. :) I'd like to minimize the risk of...
  2. W

Selling car, remove APR tune?

It's time to either sell or trade in my GTI, which has an APR Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune. I'm in California. Thoughts on having the ECU and TCU reset to stock? I know the APR shop will charge me for this. I'm also tempted to not do anything as it seems more than a few folks have picked up used...
  3. W

APR Stage 1 issues

I used a JB4 set to Map 1 for the first 10,000 miles on my GTI. As much as I enjoyed the extra power, I decided I'd rather have an ECU and TCU flash as a starting point for future hardware upgrades. I went with APR since they seem to be well-established, and we have great dealer here in San...
  4. W

'17 GTI PP JB4 - legit coyote kill?

For anyone familiar with the bay area, I was leaving Half Moon Bay this morning on CA 92 East, following a 2-3 year old Mustang. Twin pipes, horse on the rear deck lid emblem, and a 5.0 badge just behind the front wheels. No GT emblems anywhere. He gave it the beans down the long stretch...
  5. W

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Yesterday I turned 1,500 miles and had the oil changed. Today I installed a JB4.