GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Isaac

Gear box service price ?

Want to get my second gearbox service done now, it is slightly overdue. Checked some old receipts vw Bedford charged me £180.00inc Vat. Will my next service that I get be the same service or is it different like a big service and small service. I’ve have about 75 % of my work done by main...
  2. Isaac

Locking nuts

I know the locking but key hade a code D shall I contact dealer for two bolts ?
  3. Isaac

Locking nuts

Guys got two missing now !!! got to take action ASAP had noticed I had one missing about a month ago. Wife had a puncture got the spare put on by AA then got the tyre changed by a local tyre shop. Recently had back discs and pads changed. Just a couple of days ago after washing the car at home...
  4. Isaac

Coolant running low

%99 percent sure it’s the heater matrix, had this problem before maybe a pipe connecting it or maybe the heater matrix itself, guys how much would this job cost me supply and fitted ? Thanks not interested in the dealer prices
  5. Isaac

Coolant running low

My driver side heater is blowing out cold air. When engine is switched off I have noticed a gargling and swishing sound behind the center console almost like bubbling. Have taken a flash light and examined the engine area no visible signs of leakages ? Any more clues guys Thanks
  6. Isaac

Coolant running low

Hi guys haven’t been on the site for a while , managed to find it again. I’m sure one of you lovely guys can head me in the right direction. Antifreeze needs topping up almost every second day just realised the problem what can it be? I have to keep a regular eye on the coolant level and...
  7. Isaac

Wing mirror

Guys just a quick question, wanted to find out if the wing mirror can be dismantled and rebuilt. The motor and electric folding is working and still fully intact the wing mirror glass is fully intact, the main issue is the base trim at the bottom that holds the indicator led and cap in place...
  8. Isaac

Looking for a new car

Guys was wondering what you guys would recommend as a new car, definitely sticking with the Vw golf just want a new run around. Something with a small engine good on fuel and looks good got to be a 7.5 if possible. Any good deals out there at any dealerships or garages cheers guys. Would be good...
  9. Isaac

Metal tyre valve caps

Been causing a load of grief, the back two were completely seized on.managed to get one of and one is still stuck on . I’ve tried my best with it and had no luck what is the best solution with out causing damage. I know there are sensors.just want access to sort out tyre pressures and replace...
  10. Isaac

Wing mirror indicator

Guys any tips, passenger side wing mirror not working.i know how to replace rear bulbs never really dealt with the side wing mirror signals. Do I nee to replace the turn signal long led bulb or is it a fuse.Thanks guys please let me know.:cool:
  11. Isaac

brake pads

guys just a quick question, just wanted to know what brand of brake pads are fitted to most vw golfs when they leave the dealerships and showrooms ?Thanks guys, let me know which ones you had fitted.
  12. Isaac

Fuel filter

Guys just wanted to know if it is a hard job to change the diesel filter, I am confident doing a few bits and pieces. I’m not sure if I’m out of my level not being a mechanic. Any advice guys any error codes. Any advice much appreciated thanks guys.
  13. Isaac

Check Brake wear light on dash

Guys can i get some advice please on what to do, i have had my rear pads changed recently about a couple of weeks back and the front pads seem to be fine. But this light has just recently appeared on my the dash telling me to check the brake wear.I have given it a quick visual inspection all...
  14. Isaac

Golf r exhaust

Guys just wondering if anyone has retrofitted a golf r exhaust. It looks so much better and that deeper sound from the pipes. Can this be done to my car 2.0 tdi wanted to know is it a big job and big price. Cheers guys ��
  15. Isaac

car shaking while parked

it seems to be happening at random times i have got no idea what it can be the car engine just seems to shudder, it has only started recently and seems to be be quite frequent now, Im not much of a mechanic but from browsing on the web i have heard guys talking about spark plugs and coils. My...
  16. Isaac

uploading pics

Hi guys just wanted to know the best way to upload pics having problems:confused: via my laptop, i think i may be doing something wrong would love it, if one of you guys could help thank you :cool:
  17. Isaac

Fault codes

Guys need some advice a load of codes have come up 7 to be precise it happened to me about two years ago when I got a set of tyres changed but they pretty much went of straight away after a few minutes of running the car. A bit worried I’m sure it will be one thing that has set them all off ☹️...
  18. Isaac

Replica alloys

Guys if you have got a moment what are your thoughts on replica alloys look the part but considerably cheaper like a change once in a while. But just worried with all these cracks and crunches. If you hit a pothole or Kirb. It’s pretty much game over. I would have got it done but I share the...
  19. Isaac

Headlight washers sticking out

Been a proper plonker on this occasion without thinking toppped up the washer fluid with out any mix just water a bit of rush and laziness. I think something may be frozen. Guys I’ve got a genuine problem on my hands. How can I sort this without causing further problems !! Would love some tips...
  20. Isaac

Advice please on best breaks for my car

Hi guys just wanted to know what would be the best brand of discs and pads to use on my car 150hp. Got no idea what would be a good option any recommendations would be much appreciated, good performance and good price Thankyou.?