GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PerceivedShift

HVAC companies are becoming near scammers rant

My air-handler has been giving me issues for years, cheapo unit with a leaky coil. So, option #1 was to just replace the coil to get more life out of the existing system. Quote just to replace the coil: $3500 - $4500. Ok, ouch. Still waiting to hear back from them for a new Goodman system...
  2. PerceivedShift

Brother's Sportwagon, oil falling into a black hole!

Little brother has a 2016 Sportwagon with 106k miles, purchased used with 90-something k miles. Runs strong, doesn't seem to be burning any oil out the exhaust and no leaks. But for some reason it's losing oil. Yesterday I changed his oil and I measured only about 3.5qts in the drain pan. His...
  3. PerceivedShift

Trailer electrical connection guide for MK7 GTI

This guide is written after I hooked up my 2017 GTI Sport, I am unsure of the differences to Golfs and the Golf R and other light packages. I recommend using a multi-meter to confirm connections. There is a small access in the carpet for the rear lights which you can use to see which wires you...
  4. PerceivedShift

Measure your crankshaft axial clearance, detect crankwalk before its too late?

Crankwalk has been a major topic surrounding the EA888 Gen 3 engine through the years, often giving owners anxiety for fear of their beloved engine randomly destroying itself without the courtesy of a suicide note. There have been reports of symptoms masquerading as a failed slave cylinder, but...
  5. PerceivedShift

FS: Garage kept IS20, best offer

I got an IS20 sitting in my basement waiting for a new life. Not sure if my brother will ever install into his wagon since he's not the modding type. (Though id love to if he ever asked!) No wastegate or DV included, as you can see this is the 06K145722L version which came in my 2017 Sport I...
  6. PerceivedShift

Vortex Standard, full exhaust upgrade to decrease spool time.

Currently I am running a Vortex standard mated to a MAP 3" catted DP with the stock exhaust. I do remember reading somewhere her that there was evidence the stock exhaust system might cost you some power over 400whp. I am really not too concerned with peak power though, I know I've seen...
  7. PerceivedShift

Harmonic at ~2k RPM

Recently developed an RPM specific harmonic around 2k rpm. I hear it when the in gear and out of gear, so its not in the transmission. Could be something needing to be torqued down, may check motor mounts, could also be my DMFW suffering a slow death. Or it could be something as simple as...
  8. PerceivedShift

Launch Control Load Offset

Trying to fully understand Cobb LC... Each tune has this LC load target table, what are you actually doing when you increase the LC load offset? I noticed when I log the LC I see just under 100ft/lbs at the clutch, almost 100ft/lbs is the peak value on the table. If I increase the LCLO...
  9. PerceivedShift

Shift speeds, what is yours?

Please resist all urges to make this another manual vs auto thread. DSGs shift fast, we all get it. Lately I've been curious in how I may improve my driving skills, as I have much room for improvement in almost every area. One of those areas is shift speeds. There are a few external factors...
  10. PerceivedShift

Secondary O2 Spacer Causes Overfueling

I was just about to install an O2 spacer to hopefully remove my newly found check engine light. Then I see this post from Matt at EQT: What doesn't make any sense to me is why this ECU looks at the secondary O2 to control AFRs to any degree? (Im sure someone can chime in here) I think i've...
  11. PerceivedShift

Against the odds, Rich Strike wins the Kentucky Derby 2022

Underdog Rich Strike wins at 80-1 odds , the second longest odds winner in Kentucky Derby history. The photo finish after climbing from the back: Full race, winner is in gate 21:
  12. PerceivedShift

FS: Golf R MAP resonated mid-pipe - brand new

When I was sent my MAP downpipe they accidentally sent me the wrong mid pipe. If you have a MAP downpipe or similar and want to try a resonated mid pipe (less drone) this could be something you'd want to try.
  13. PerceivedShift

EPC Light at high RPM, EQT tune second revision *Update: Car is now a hot mess

In the second revision of my Vortex standard tune on 93. Car logs looks great so far: Datazap link With the exception that under high load and RPM I seem to consistently get an EPC light and the engine goes into limp mode of sorts with no engine light. Cycle the key and all is normal. So...
  14. PerceivedShift

Just looking for a little more fueling headroom...

My power goal with the Vortex is about 425whp. Currently running an autotech HPFP upgrade and I think ive decided I want a little more fueling headroom to reach my power goal. EQT advised me to buy their brushless setup...at $1200 it seems excessive for some fueling headroom. Right now I...
  15. PerceivedShift

How I adjusted an IS20 WG with Cobb AP

Just installed my EQT Vortex earlier this week. Everything went great on startup, no leaks or errors, and the turbo seems happy in its new home. My wastegate wasn't happy about its new home on this weird thing from EQT though. I did my best to adjust the IS20 WG on the bench with my meter...
  16. PerceivedShift

OBD11 Wastegate Live Data Values...gone?

Ran the actuator adaptation...(well it seemed to run fine) and went to check the WG volts and well...I open live data and type "charge" and it doesn't show up. Am I missing something...did I change something accidentally. :confused::oops: This is strange...any ideas?
  17. PerceivedShift

19″ Twin-spoke alloy wheel, RE....look alikes?

Love this look: https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/parts/19-twin-spoke-alloy-wheel-red-edition/ Anything that looks similar to them out there? Eventually I'd like to buy some summer tires and wrap them around a second set of wheels. Though OEM wheels aren't cheap...
  18. PerceivedShift

VCDS Owner in central va

Friend has a Golf R which needs VCDS to learn a new haldex pump we installed yesterday, anyone in or around Charlottesville own VCDS?
  19. PerceivedShift

Driver seat wear

The seat on my 2017 Sport is starting to show signs of wear. The fabric and thread hasn't broken yet, but I'd like to get ahead of this somehow. Is there some light coating that will "harden" this specific area to prevent further damage?