GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. NickC

Talk me out of leaving VW

So I have been a VW guy for years, love my MK7. Recently purchased a house farther from work in a more rural area, and the roads can get bad in the winter. There have been many times that I have really needed a truck because things just don't quite fit in a hatch. Started looking at trucks, the...
  2. NickC

German Auto Industry Cartel?

So while at work talking to some buddies about a crazy old man that shot out the tires of an AT&T work truck we decided to look up the video. I found an article about it on Jalopnik, and after a few good laughs I found this and gave it a read. Not sure if this just broke or if this is old news...
  3. NickC

JakRabbit GTI

Ok first this is probably going to be a simple collection of small mods for a while. The factory warranty and the process of getting a house ready to sell over the next year or two keeps me from doing to much. Name is Nick, My grandpa called me Jack Rabbit as a kid, but JAKRABBIT fits on a...
  4. NickC

Soundaktor?

So I picked up the GTI on Tuesday, and I have officially decided after two days that my soundaktor is off from the factory. After watching videos I am 100% sure I don't have any "engine" sound in the cabin from it. Now for some this is awesome, but to be honest I wanted to witness it for...
  5. NickC

The Euro District - Car show

April 16th 2017 - European cars only http://www.theeurodistrict.com/ The Euro District is a Midwest European car show brought to you by Eurotrash Apparel Company. Located in the area’s newest park at the beginning of the Big Four walking bridge connecting Jeffersonville & Louisville, over...
  6. NickC

New to detailing, big order from Chemical Guys

After doing some research I liked what I heard about most of Chemical Guys products. My wife just bought a Passat about 3 months ago and the GTI should be here in the next month or so. I have always enjoyed hand washing cars, but never put much thought into what products I was using, just the...
  7. NickC

VW OEM Lagunas

I am stoked, the Laguna/Watkins Glen has been one of my favorite OEM wheels since they came out. I had wanted a set for the MK6 Jetta but hadn't found any locally or for a reasonable price till last week. Picked these up for $250! Two of the tire are shot, and one wheel has a small chip in the...
  8. NickC

Waiting on buyback and order

So I am one of the many TDI owners awaiting buybacks to begin. I have a very good relationship with my local dealer and salesman, this will be the 3rd time I have worked with him. After speaking with him we decided the best way to guarantee having what I want on the lot at buyback was to...