GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. V

SOLD For Sale DSC Sport Suspension Controller

Sold. Thank you for your interest.
  2. V

SOLD For Sale DSC Sport Suspension Controller

The DSC controller is suitable for Golf 7 and 7.5, for cars equipped with DCC. I am selling the controller and the USB cable which allows to load setup files, take live controller data readings, reset ride height etc. The necessary tuning software and much other information is available at...
  3. V

VW nav. Does it still suck?

That is the price from spring to fall. In winter it will be $4.99/mo.
  4. V

SOLD FS DieselGeek 2021 Sigma 6 Speed Short Shifter Kit

Sold - Thank You Briefly used kit for sale in the Ottawa, Ontario area. Comes with all the DG parts plus an up/down cable end link that is modified to fit the DG bushings. New USD $199. Asking CAD $120 obo. Prefer local sale. Shipping, if needed, is extra.
  5. V

DCC Suspension Mod by installing the DSC Sport Controller

Interesting discussion. A bit beyond my areas of knowledge. The DSC controller box has a feature to set shock travel stops, for each shock, in mm of travel. It would, I imagine, require a car with travel sensors on each wheel to really make that work. And shocks as well as shock install points...
  6. V

Now that is interesting. I heard that VW has made some strides in some models to give the DCC more intelligence.
  7. V

To zero the height sensors I connected to the controller and used the "Zero Travel" command in the "Settings" page of the s/w. I am not worried about the CAN bus coms. The controller and all critical communications work. I noted it because installing the DCS controller impacts the VCDS scans...
  8. V

Intro Suspension performance can be measured with seat-adjuster vibration analysis, dynamic readings, track performance and on. I do regular and spirited public road driving and have none of the measurement tools, other than my own subjective observations and comments passengers might make...
  9. V

VCDS 13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: Cannot be reached 0100

The sensors are known to have road (salt) water leak into them. Some units can be brought back to life with a thorough inner corrosion removal, the application of contact spray and being resealed with silicone.
  10. V

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

I just completed installing underbody covers on my 2019 Canadian GTI 7.5, Rabbit edition (MT, no sunroof) First off I would like to thank all those who contributed to the enormous knowledge base compiled in this thread. I wanted to see if I could quiet my car down. On smooth pavement it was...
  11. V

2019 LED Low Beam Too Low!

Wonderful!. Glad you got it sorted.
  12. V

Aftermarket "wireless" CarPlay

I have the CPLAY2AIR unit which is likely very similar to the one mentioned above. Initially it had a rather poor sound performance. In the car, with the adapter active and wireless Carplay working, I looked on theniPhone for the WiFi ID and the phone settings for it. Turns out the iPhone had...
  13. V

Rear Hatch not latching... making strange noise

I also have a hatch-latch issue. Dealer has ordered a new latch. It won't unlock anymore with Kessy or a push on the hatch-unlocking fob button, unless I make the opening a two-step process (pull on handle, latch opens a bit, let go, pull again, it opens). It only unlocks completely when I...
  14. V

Sootless brand new 2019!

About 6,000 miles on my 2019. No soot whatsoever in the exhaust. Apparently the code DKFA 228 HP engines have higher fuel injection pressure and the flexibility of more mini-squirts per injection cycle than previous engine versions. Like day and night compared to my 2015 GTI. Where the exhaust...
  15. V

'19 Mk7.5 R issues

When the windshield is replaced and the windshield-mounted camera moved to the new windshield the camera needs to be calibrated, which involves a four wheel alignment check. So the car tracks where the camera is pointed. Part of the alignment is to make sure the steering wheel is level when the...
  16. V

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

On my 2019 Rabbit the brake lights do not work when engine and ignition are off.
  17. V

Alignment Complexity I just had an alignment done under warranty on my five month old 2019 Rabbit GTI. One of the rear wheels was tracking on an off-angle and the toe-in was off on both front wheels. This came about as the car had been delivered with the steering wheel off-centre. The Rabbit...
  18. V

Lug Bolts For ease of removing/installing wheels I bought myself two threaded pilot pins. The guide pins fit in the lug bolt holes and easily guide the wheel off or on the hub, without hitting anything. Can be found at numerous sources on the internet (14 mm x 1.5 mm thread).
  19. V

2019 Canadian Rabbit GTI (vs. 2015 Autobahn)

Replaced 2015 Autobahn GTI with 2019 Rabbit GTI (both Canadian Editions) Why? Km’s were getting up there. Canadian Rabbit edition comes without sunroof and without navigation, both things I did not want anymore in a GTI. In summary, the new car pulls harder and shifts a lot better. It also...