GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. AndroidPurity

Tuning and Trade In Values

Does anyone have experience trading in your any car that was previously tuned? I plan to keep my GTI for at least 3 and a half years more, except this is a topic I'd like to know before tuning. When I go to trade in of course I want to get best trade in possible. If you trade in with a tune on...
  2. AndroidPurity

DSG Shifts Wayyy Past Redline!

So for the first time since I got my GTI about 11 days ago, I did WOT from 0 mph in Sport mode with ESC and ASC off, and in Auto shifting mode. No launch mode used. Well it did something VERY alarming that scared the shit out of me. I'm still a little worried it might have damaged something...
  3. AndroidPurity

DSG Behavior after Cold Start

If you have a DSG transmission and you live somewhere that gets below 40 degrees Fahrenheit at night, does your transmission behave differently until your car warms up? I noticed this morning when putting it in manual shift mode and then letting it down shift itself when coming to a stop (like...
  4. AndroidPurity

What Tune Do You Have?

Title says it all. Put your vote in!
  5. AndroidPurity

What is your brake wear?

So I started wondering, how is everyone's brakes doing? Let's see if we can get a concensus on how long they generally last. Of course it's dependent on your driving style and whether you have the performance breaks or standard, but it could still give us an idea when to expect to replace...
  6. AndroidPurity

Window Creaking During Chassis Flex

So I bought my my 2017 GTI Sport about a week ago. Basically with in a day I started noticing I was hearing creaking sounds in the car when going over a bump at an angle that affected all 4 wheels of the suspension. For example going over a speed bump or drive way curb. When going over it an...
  7. AndroidPurity

Weird Windshield Wiper Glitch

When I had my 2016 GTI S 6MT, I noticed sometimes the wind shield wipers would slightly move when I never touched the lever. Like just move a centimeter and also hear it move. I believe it was happening when changing in and out of reverse. I just ignored it. Well now I got 2017 GTI Sport DSG...
  8. AndroidPurity

DSG D mode Down Shift when Breaking

I tried looking for this topic, and I found lots about down shifting manually and downshifting not shiftibg smoothly. However I couldn't find any on thie topic of when specifically the down shifts are programmed to occur in the DSG while in D mode. So when in D mode and approaching a stop...
  9. AndroidPurity

Sport Trim or 2017+ sound different?

So I just traded in my 2016 GTI S Manual for a 2017 GTI Sport DSG. Long story, see my other thread lol. I noticed immediately first time I put a a lot of throttle it sounded a lot more throaty than my previous GTI. I thought maybe it was just placebo effect of new car. Then I asked my...
  10. AndroidPurity

Stock 2016 GTI : Clutch Failure

First of all, I am basically beyond angry writing this. Mostly angry at my dealer currently. I have a 2016 Volkswagen GTI S with the 6 speed manual. I bought it in June 2016. The car mechanically is completely stock besides stock air filter replaced with higher flow filter. I believe it was...
  11. AndroidPurity

US versus Euro Stock Horsepower

As I am sure most of us know stock is rated at 210hp or 220hp in the US, but in Europe stock is rated at 217hp and 227hp. Also as most of us know our US power ratings is based off 91 octane. So does anyone know if the Euro GTI is rated 7hp higher cause they are rating it based off 93 octane...
  12. AndroidPurity

Best All Season Tires with Good Traction

So tonight while having some fun with a couple 0 to 70mph sprints I realized 2 things. With traction control on its of course too controlling, which robs a chunk of power breaking any good acceleration. As we also know with traction control off the wheels break free and spin like crazy. Not just...