GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

How DKM Clutch ruined my transmission

The pressure plate putting excessive stress on the main crank bearings causing crank walk.
  2. R

How DKM Clutch ruined my transmission

It's probably what destroyed my engine.
  3. R

Thermostat housing and water pump fail.

The oem thermostat is also stupidly expensive.
  4. R

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

I just had my engine replaced with a refreshed engine for mega $$$$$. I'm still very paranoid about this issue. How is the extra bearing attached to the other? If they get loose then how will that help if they're not welded to the block? It's a 17 R, it had 150k with dkm twin :( It now...
  5. R

EQT logging issues

I recently installed my EQT and it's running like crap on the base Maestro file, using the boss 500 loader file. It was over boosting and going into limp mode, until I discovered that the e85 slider was on most of the way. It's not going into limp mode anymore but still running poorly...
  6. R

Auto dimming rear view mirror.

This has been bugging me for a long time, finally posting about it. Mine either doesn't work or the wrong one was installed or something else. I have the frameless one (2017) but there is no sensor on the front like the pics I've seen. When there are lights behind, it looks basically the...
  7. R

Where to buy Haldex filter?

I've only seen 1 website that has the filter as part of the kit for a high price of $219 CAD. http://germanoem.ca/parts/differential/rear-haldex/haldex-fluid-filter-kit-gen-5-02d598kit-5.html I know VW doesn't specify to replace the filter but I plan on doing it for peace of mind. I've checked...
  8. R

BMS JB4 for mk7 golf R with bluetooth module

I'm selling my jb4 with bluetooth module installed. I used it for a few months and it worked great. I have since gone another route. Selling for $500 cad + shipping, retail for both is $800+ cad including tax/shipping. I'm located in south west BC, Canada.
  9. R

Alcantara steering wheel cover

I've been trying to find an alcantara steering wheel cover without any success. There's plently of leather ones, but I don't want that. XuJi doesn't list any, I've searched ebay, aliexpress, amazon and general web searches. I have only found 1 on ebay with a ridiculous price...
  10. R

dogbone mount insert install problem

I have been trying to install the cts insert, the bolt was very hard to get out, but I got it. After tying to tighten the bolt, I realized that it's not lining up anymore as it just spins and won't tighten. I realized after the fact that I should have revved it up a few times first, but it's...
  11. R

Genuine 19" Pretoria's/Continental Contisportcontact 5p tires

I'm selling my factory Pretoria's with Continental Contisportcontact 5p tires. They only have 700km on them in the 6 days they were used for. They are in excellent shape overall. I noticed some minor scratches on the inside of some of the wheels and 1 tire had a small piece of metal in the...
  12. R

My terrible buying experience(long)

I just picked up a 17 R that I ordered in December. It arrived mid March and I went to check it out/test drive it a few days later. I had put a deposit on the car and they signed the bill of sale. I told them I would be taking it asap, and was getting my funds together. One week later I...
  13. R

GTI vs R torque

Anyone ever wondered why the R has a lower torque figure than horsepower, unlike the gti which has more? I have been wondering this for a long time, especially since I have been driving a modded tdi with gobs of torque and way more torque than horsepower. Is it the characteristics of the...