GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SugarMouth

When to do pistons and rods?

It is that one less than preferable combustion event that you are worried about.
  2. SugarMouth

Post DV install car goes into limp mode

Maybe pull the DV, lightly coat the piston and reassemble. Be sure it operates smoothly by hand.
  3. SugarMouth

Post DV install car goes into limp mode

You would make more boost than that with the DV open I would imagine. What happens when the TS is installed?
  4. SugarMouth

spark plug removal help

Did you add dielectric grease on the boots going back in?
  5. SugarMouth

Help me get to 400whp for now, then 500whp later.

The days of drivability compromises with power are not really there anymore unless you are talking big cam LS or something. My car drives and behaves like a bone stock car aside from slightly louder exhaust and stiffer mounts which are only felt with the AC on at idle.
  6. SugarMouth

Removed front struts in 10 mins.

Yeah I have a 2x4 with a bolt through it. I can swap out struts in pit stop time now.
  7. SugarMouth

IS20 vs Is38

I ran an IS38 on a stock DP on my GTI and was a decent daily set up. Ive had way too many configurations now.
  8. SugarMouth

URO Parts Aluminum Oil Pan

And cooler...........
  9. SugarMouth

Can i reinstall my stock muffler with stage 2 and catted downpipe?

Remember as exhaust gasses cool they contract needing less room further down the exhaust path.
  10. SugarMouth

Hoon's DIYish Engine Build Thread

Into the Blue was decent. ;-)
  11. SugarMouth

Tune & Downpipe Opinions for My Particular Build?

Just skip the small stuff and go straight to Vortex XL, MPI, LPFP, PM4. Have Ed tune and add a IC and DP. :-)
  12. SugarMouth

480whp EQT tuned GTI

Turbo tapped out. What PSI?
  13. SugarMouth

Reuse of old dog bone insert after change new pendulum mount issue

Is the insert bent? If not and it is still straight you can try to re-install and be sure it is centered and there is no pressure on the arm when re-installing. I will caution the bolt should be used once however.
  14. SugarMouth

High Altitude DBV2 - Denver

Because you are in Denver I would run E85. That will help big time to reduce the hit of altitude with more timing. You also have heat as you enemy and E85 will help a bit. I would consider a turbo that spools well. I have run 3 different turbos (IS20, IS38, L450) in Denver and would likely...
  15. SugarMouth

Is 5w-40 oil good to use in a 2019?

No way I would use 0-20. I'd dump it the first 1k and fill with 0-40, 5-40. heck even 5-30.