GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Keyfob screwdriver size

Hi there I've had a search and can't find an answer... Does anyone know what size starheaded screwdriver is required to remove the keyring loop on the keyfob? It's quite a bit smaller than anything I have to hand... Thanks
  2. S

Service intervals - UK GTI

Hi there Sorry if this has been asked before. I have a GTI on a 2 year lease, and they've obviously defaulted it to a variable/longlife service interval (which is fine by me). I got the car serviced at around 15k miles and the dealer set the next service due at ~31k miles. The car itself has...
  3. S

Advice on noise at motorway speeds

Hi there I was looking for some opinions on the most likely cause for a droning/whining noise when at motorway speeds. Some of the key symptoms: - Starts to become noticeable around 60mph - More or less disappears past 75mph - Only varies with road speed (i.e. engine RPM makes no difference) -...
  4. S

Sat nav updates - Europe maps

Hi there I note on the navigation website, the Discover Media Generation 1 and Discover Pro have updates for May 2017, where the Discover Media Generation 2 (which I have, of course) is showing as November 2016. Is that device normally "behind"? If anything, you'd expect the older gen 1 to be...
  5. S

Rear seat bench striker adjustment

Hi there I have a slightly noisy rear seat bench which seems to be due to the latch/striker mechanism. At low speeds it causes a knocking noise which I can replicate by giving the rear bench a good, firm shake and to confirm that is the issue I have driven with the rear bench folded down and...
  6. S

Discover navigation mute

Hi there I have gen 2 discover navigation unit. I've had a few odd things happen which I would put down to "buggy" software. However, last night when trying to listen to the radio I managed to get into a situation where the volume was completely zero and the unit would display a mute symbol on...
  7. S

DSG vs manual environmental figures

Apologies if this has already come up in previous threads but it's quite a hard one to search for... Simple question... why does the Golf R do more MPG with the DSG while the GTI does less with the DSG? The reverse is true for the CO2 (where the DSG R produces less and the DSG GTI produces...
  8. S

Sales brochures

Hi there I am getting a new GTI soon and I've tried to order the latest sales brochure for the Golf here in the UK. First I tried VW directly to be told they don't have any in stock but the franchised dealer I am ordering my car off may be able to help. I then spoke to the dealer but am told...